「 ✦ 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐝𝐞 ✦ 」

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

(Author POV)

The vibrant streets of Liyue teemed with life and brilliance on the last day of Lantern Rite. Thousands of dreams took flight, borne by Xiao Lanterns ascending into the heavens. The dark sky came to life with its radiant glow. That night, the sky became a masterpiece, painted with dazzling hues and the collective wishes of all who believed in the Gods. Among the crowd was a family, no richer, no poorer, but happy. A girl stood by her father, eyes lighting up each time the cascades of colours from breathtaking fireworks rained down like shooting stars. She was awestruck at the different shapes fireworks could make; it was truly fascinating and memorable. As the night unfolded, each firework seemed to echo the unspoken wishes in her heart. She wished for these joyous moments to be cherished every year with her family by her side. 

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

Celestia does not favour all. Misfortune is administered to both right and wrong; the whims of fate pay no heed to the moral compass, choosing instead to dance unpredictably upon the threads of destiny. Y/N was a doll they had played. 

As the Lantern show finished, Y/N leisurely strolled down the bustling streets of Liyue, immersed in the intricate architecture and window-shopped the passing stores. Not far behind her, Y/N's parents engaged in lively conversations with familiar faces, their voices blending with the ambient sounds of the lively city. As she admired the scene, a peculiar sensation began to manifest at the back of her head—a subtle pain that seemed to intensify with each step. At first, she dismissed it as a consequence of her earlier activities, attributing the discomfort to the thrill of exploring the bustling streets. 

Yet, the pain persisted, evolving from a mere annoyance to an insistent ache that demanded acknowledgment. Y/N, who didn't like to burden others with her troubles, hesitated to voice her distress. She decided to press on, suppressing the growing discomfort. However, as she continued to navigate the vibrant surroundings, the pain became an uninvited companion, insinuating itself into her consciousness. Black spots intruded upon her vision, like ink seeping into water, gradually obscuring the once-clear view. The world transformed into a disorienting blur, causing her steps to falter.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

It wasn't until the alarmed shouts of passers-by caught the wind, carrying the urgency of concern toward Y/N's parents. At first, the words were indistinct, swallowed by the city's symphony. But as the voices grew louder, a collective unease settled over the atmosphere, tainting the once-celebratory ambience. Alarmed, Y/N's parents turned their attention to the source of the commotion. As their eyes scanned the crowd, dread tightened its grip on their hearts. It was then that they noticed Y/N, now a limp figure amidst the ebb and flow of the bustling streets.