STARBOY | 23

HEESEUNG'S HOUSE WAS QUIET — WHICH WAS UNUSUAL

The only sound that could be heard were the groans of the Greasers every now and then as they sat around, inspecting their now treated wounds.

Eunchae and Miso had been given the duty to help clean everyone up and make sure their injuries wouldn't get infected by plastering them up, and so when everyone was almost done, Jay and Niki were the only ones left.

A hiss escaped the Nishimura boys lips as Miso silently wiped up blood from the cut on his forehead. She was standing between his legs, her supplies on the table beside them, and one of Niki's hand in his lap and the other on her hip with his eyes tight shut.

Miso's heart was aching, and she did everything she could to not let her eyes gloss over. She didn't want to show weakness in front of him, or anybody else in the house.

"Your face is done, Niki." The Choi girl stated, taking a step back to pack away, however before she could get far, Niki grabbed her wrist, gently pulling her back to him.

Silently, Miso watched as the boy pulled off his leather jacket, wincing in the midst of it, and then lifting up his bloodied and dirtied, white vest, revealing a mangled mess on his ribs.

Instantly, despite the hotness of Miso's cheeks due to seeing the faint outline of his abdomen, she grimaced at the sight before she kneeled down and tended to it. Even if she was mad at him, she couldn't stand to see him hurt.

Eventually, when everything was cleared up, Miso turned to the sink in the kitchen. She didn't know how much longer she could face Niki. The constant thought of him possibly pretending all along made her heart break into thousands of pieces and her chest began to tighten as she turned the tap on to wash her hands.

The feeling of a hand being placed on her waist was quickly felt and she bit down on her bottom lip and lowered her hair more once seeing that Niki was leaning on the counter beside her. Her hair was covering the side of her face so the taller boy couldn't quite see how she was feeling, however, Niki had an inkling.

"What's wrong, So?" He softly asked, his thumb rubbing her waist soothingly, before standing up straight and turning the girl by holding her hips so that she was facing him.

"I just don't want to talk right now..." She quietly answered, keeping her head bowed. Before Niki could reply, Miso shook the boys touch off of her before she dried off her hands and made her way into the living room, where everyone was now laughing and joking around.

She silently sat herself down on the sofa beside Jungwon, who then offered her a sip of his beer — to which she politely declined — and then she began to fiddle with her fingers in her lap.

A sigh escaped past Niki's lips as he reached up to run a hand through his hair — a hiss of pain taking over the sigh once a tugging and sore feeling was felt on his wound.