allies or enemies (this will be the death of me)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER I :
ALLIES OR ENEMIES
( THIS WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME )

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

         SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHERE she was.

Cha Seong-eun thought everything in her surroundings was the same; ruined and unrecognizable. She hasn't gone out to explore this area that much ever since she has lived here in Korea— she only goes to school, work and then home. Sometimes in the convenience store, but going farther than there was something she didn't consider, ever.

And she, along with the state of the city, was in despair. The past few days, she was fine— keyword, was. She could still feel the shame eating her up, and the disappointment that came with it. At first, she was just met with a few scenarios that involved exploring and gathering some weird stuff.

Until earlier.

[ The constellation 'Scheming Priestess of Colchtis' is laughing at you. ]

It all began when a giant rat showed up in the middle of the street looking for an easy meal.

And easy meal did he find.

[ Few Constellations are watching your actions. ]

Cha Seong-eun did not bother to look at the messages. She continued hiding behind a wall, concealing her presence from the monster that was chasing her. It was a sudden scenario that popped up, a hidden scenario to be exact. She was just walking down the street, and then, this huge rodent showed up and decided that he will be sending someone down to hell today.

Sucks to be that rat but Cha Seong-eun was already living in it.

The prize, as stated by the scenario, was a 'mysterious box of gambling!', and truthfully Cha Seong-eun felt that it was just a scam from the dokkaebi. What kind of prize was that? It didn't even have any other description other than that.

The dokkaebi must've prepared it wrong.

They should've put gold coins instead, then she'd be enticed to actually follow through the scenario.

Whatever. Cha Seong-eun was going to leave and—

The rat screeched so loud that she could hear a ring in her ear. She looked back, and lo and behold, the rat was coming for her like a bull seeing red.

Oh fuck.

[ Exclusive skill, Serene Mind Lv. 1, has activated. ]

What help will a clear mind give me?! Cha Seong-eun cried in her head, and all the irrational thoughts disappeared from her head— like killing herself to escape this, for example— but she could still feel the imminent fear in her whole body, although it felt subdued.

With a much more clearer mind, she looked around for anything she can utilize. There were few rubbles and plants, but no signs of flower— of course there would be flowers this was a ruined city for God's sake— and  the rat was still behind her. She could feel exhaustion creeping up, sleepless days and nights boring consequences. With no choice, she decided to just run to whatever her feet took her and—

Huh. This street, despite being destroyed, looks awfully familiar, the building, the lamplight placement. This. . . oh, this was the street her flower shop was in!

Frantically looking around, she swept her gaze among the buildings. Then, she spotted the shop she used to work in and immediately bolted towards it. It looked destroyed, but not completely so. She could feel the presence of flowers below the rubbles, albeit quite faint.