anger, such an ugly thing

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER II :
ANGER, SUCH AN UGLY THING

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

           DO NOT PISS OFF KIM DOKU.

Or Kim Donza, Kim Borja or, or whatever. It was like a rule she would read when reading the school handbook— but it was not a rule; it was a warning, an unwritten command. And if unwittingly unfollowed, you'd end up bloodied and bruised, eye to eye to death, knee to the floor and hands up to God, praying to not meet the man again.

Like this guy on the floor.

Cha Seong-eun thought she was desensitized with violence and blood, having witnessed and done it first hand, but, as she looked at the guy, eyes blank and face indifferent, she couldn't help but internally tremble. Her heart was rapidly beating, and she wondered if she did the correct thing by following this prophet.

Perhaps he was god. Perhaps he was his right hand. Perhaps he was mercy; for mercy was good, but not kind.

Mercy was just.

[ Exclusive skill, Serene Mind Lv. 3, has activated. ]

He is not God. She thought, staring at his shaking fist.

Kim Dokja was human, wielding the power of God. He couldn't be God, because if he were one, he would've killed them. He would've wielded violence like a practiced sword. He would've beaten him up with ease. But he was trembling. He was angry— and Gods were not angry, they were compassionate and patient and forgiving. He punched him brutally and roughly, wielding violence as if playing an instrument he didn't know how to use.

He deserved this. Kim Dokja's act was mercy itself— he deserved far worse.

She turned her head, ignoring the scene before her.

They looked so unlike how they presented themselves earlier. When they approached them, they acted as if they were mighty— and perhaps they were to some, but not to Kim Dokja. What comes out from their mouth was not something she could remember, they asked for his name, she thinks? But mostly for his, because they just stared at her, eyes greedy and lustful, as if she was just an object of desire and not a living and breathing human.

She didn't answer, eyes drawn to the floor. She should be angry, and she was, but she had encountered so many scenarios like this. If she keeps her head down low and moved on, this'll be over. Cha Seong-eun could feel the woman's eyes at her, before glaring at the men with disgust and anger on her behalf.

Then, the flashlight was shown at her. She stopped breathing, as if somehow that'd help, as she felt shiver run down her spine.

Cha Seong-eun was scared.

[ Exclusive skill, Serene Mind Lv. 3, has activated. ]

And then she wasn't. She could still feel fear, like a subdued sound, but she didn't tremble anymore. She glanced up, glaring at the man who shone the flashlight on her. She could take them on— she had already killed brainless monsters, what was seven or ten more?

Then, the flashlight moved to the girl beside her, and they spoke again, but she didn't bother listening. All she knew was that the grin they wore was lustful, they were shining the light on the woman's waist, and the hatred that the woman had in her eye's were telling.

She couldn't help herself from saying, "disgusting."

Messages from the constellation popped up, but she didn't read it, eyes glued to the men who thought they were Kings. Men who have thought they were above the law, for there were no laws in the ruined world— right? So they could do whatever they want to whatever women because they deserved it.