Chapter 1 - City Of Stars

"Well, That was quite an enjoyable evening..." Y/N replied, a broad grin on his face, his hand entwined with Gwen's. Nearly a year into their relationship, each day marked on his calendar held the weight of a cherished memory. On this Valentine's Day night, they had just left a quaint restaurant, Gwen beaming with delight.

"Thank you once again. I absolutely loved it," Gwen said, her eyes sparkling. She leaned in for a kiss, and Y/N gladly reciprocated. After the sweet moment, they exchanged a fleeting wave, heading in opposite directions.

As Y/N strolled through the chilly February night, layers protecting him from the cold, a sense of warmth lingered from the evening. However, upon reaching a secluded alley, he swiftly shed his civilian attire, donning a sleek, red suit with a distinctive spider emblem. With his backpack securely webbed up, he swung into the air, leaving the ordinary world behind.

The city of New York, typically bustling, now lay under a quieter Wednesday night sky. Perched high above Times Square, Y/N contemplated potential locations for Gwen's upcoming birthday celebration. His present was secured, but he sought the perfect place for a memorable dinner.

Amid his musings, thoughts about how being Spider-Man might have impacted their relationship crept in. Gwen likely knew by now, he thought, but the topic had never been broached.

Suddenly, a loud commotion pierced the night, screams echoing from a nearby street. Y/N swiftly swung towards the disturbance. In the distance, a massive wheel rolled down 8th Avenue, pursued by police cars. Landing on the side of the wheel, Y/N observed the oblivious driver, too engrossed in swerving through traffic.

With a quick, practiced move, Y/N webbed the man's head to the side of the wheel, securing it. He then zipped the contraption to a nearby building, suspending it in mid-air. Swiftly entering the structure, he carefully removed the disoriented driver.

"Ah! Get this stuff off me!" the man exclaimed as Y/N approached.

"What the hell were you doing? Someone coulda got wheelie hurt," Y/N quipped, unable to resist a pun. After freeing the man, he gently lowered him to street level, where the awaiting police took charge.

"I-I lost control, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone. The brakes wouldn't work!" the man explained frantically. Y/N, without saying much, handed him over to the police before swinging away into the night.

Y/N swung throughout the city once again, landing on top of a building. His phone began ringing, and he opened it to see Gwen's name.

"Hey," Gwen's voice greeted him, and Y/N let out a wide smile.

"Hey, did you get home okay?" Y/N asked as he began webbing up a sort of hammock for himself to lie down on.

"Yep, no worries. Did you see the news?" she asked.

"Not yet. May wanted me to fetch some stuff from the shop as soon as I got home, so there wasn't much time," Y/N lied, and Gwen giggled.

"She has you running around wild. But what I was referencing was Spider-Man was out again. Saved some people from a big wheel, if you'll believe it," she informed him between giggles.

"What? As in, it was just a big wheel on its own, or was someone controlling it?" Y/N questioned.

"A person. Driving it. He had apparently lost control when the brakes seized up," Gwen replied. There was a moment's pause.

"Hey, I've been thinking, is there anywhere in particular you'd like to eat for your birthday? I have everything else planned, and I've got a lot planned since our anniversary isn't long after," Y/N asked. He anticipated her answer.

"You remember the small cafe we visited last year? Where MJ works. I wouldn't mind a casual date there, and then we can do other things afterward," Gwen suggested, surprising Y/N. He remembered the coffee shop in question, but he didn't think Gwen was a huge fan.

"Sure, that's no worries," Y/N agreed. "Anyway, I'm about to head into the shops," he replied, spotting a police chase in progress.

"I know you're not ready to say it back, but I love you," Gwen bid him farewell.

"Soon, baby. Soon." With that, he ended the call, looking over at where the police cars had been chasing what looked like a robbery. He swung off the building, looking up at the sky as he did so.

Man, It's amazing being Spiderman.