Chapter 3 - An Encounter

Y/N and Gwen walked down a dark street, Houses shroud in darkness covered each side. Eventually, They reached a taped off building. The building was old and under-construction, Steel beams coated the inside. 

"Hey, Baby. Let's go inside!" Gwen asked, Y/N shook his head quickly. 

"Gwen, That place is majorly unsafe." Y/N replied, However she grabbed hold of his hand. Pulling him beneath the tape. They walked inside looking at the half built house. Every step had a different creak which didn't fill Y/N with confidence. They reached the stairs which were unstable and chipped. 

"What happened to getting ice-cream?" Y/N whispered to himself. As they walked up the stairs they were met with an unfinished upstairs. Steel pipes lent against a wall nearby, Gwen's eyes lighted up. 

"Y/N! Have you got a marker?" She asked, She jumped on the spot not filling Y/N with confidence. 

"Yeah, Here. Just stop jumping," Y/N passed her the marker. She scribbled on one of the Steel Pipes. She moved away revealing Y/N's initials and hers on the support beam.  

"Now, When they build this house up, We'll be apart of it!" Gwen smiled looking at her work. Y/N wrapped his hand around Gwen's shoulder. 

"Baby, One day... I'll buy us this house. Then we can looking for the steel beam. Deal?" Y/N joked, Gwen looked up at him wide-eyed. 

"Promise?" She asked. Y/N couldn't help but say yes. 

"Of course, Now should we go get something to eat?" Y/N held her hand down the stairs as they reached the ground floor. Y/N felt the worry wash out of him, However he was filled with the feeling of dread. He spun around looking, However he couldn't see anything. He rushed out of there Gwen's hand held tight in his own. 

Back at the house, A creature looked at the pipes. Seeing Y/N's initials hearted with Gwen's infuriated him. He started ripping the floor, His eyes filled with an animalistic hunger. For one man, Y/N.  

Y/N and Gwen walked through the street, Being jostled and bounced around in the crowd

Y/N and Gwen walked through the street, Being jostled and bounced around in the crowd. However, they kept hold of each others hand until they reached the desert shop. Y/N sat opposite Gwen, They ordered their food and were relaxed by a window. Y/N's spider-sense hadn't relaxed still leaving him on high alert. He scanned the restaurant to once again see nothing, He was wondering if he was simply shook up from the earlier encounter. Their food came and Y/N relaxed slightly more. Their date went well, They finished their food and began walking home. 

Y/N walked Gwen back home, before suiting up and heading back to the ice-ring. 

"Hey, That attack. Any idea who that guy was?" Y/N asked a staff member, But got a simple shake of the head. The police had already been to investigate. They also found nothing, Y/N walked back to the window. He found nothing. He grew angered as his spider-sense didn't stop flaring up.  

Eventually, After speaking with cops and witnesses, Y/N left. He scanned the area as he left. Still finding nothing, He threw his hood up and cruised back into the city.

It was late, Y/N had been out in the city all night and now felt the effects of swinging around

It was late, Y/N had been out in the city all night and now felt the effects of swinging around. He began his way home. He knew may would likely ask where he'd been, However he could just play it off as a party. It had been an eventful night, New York certainly came alive with common-criminals of a night. 

Despite being Spiderman for a while now Y/N still left the bigger criminal's to the professionals. Y/N had barely even fought any real criminals, He stuck to thief's and the like. Y/N reached an alley-way two blocks from his house. His Spider-Sense flared up more than the rest of the night. He looked deep into the alleyway. Screams echoed from inside, He began walking in deeper. Eventually he reached the source of the noise. A speaker playing screams, Y/N picked it up. Analysing it. 

A sudden kick to the back sent Y/N flying into the wall. He slumped against it, His head felt weak. He looked up spotting the green creature from earlier. 

"Hello, L/N... We meet again do we?" It asked. 

"Weren't you the one who knocked me into the alleyway?" Y/N asked smugly. 

"Still making jokes? I'll tear you limb from limb, L/N. You took everything away from me... I loved her!" The creature shouted. 

"I can confirm, I don't know any other... Bat-People? Are you a bat? Or like some messed up hybrid?" Y/N questioned, He slowly got to his feet. 

The creature knocked him back down with a punch," No-No. I'm no bat." 

Y/N held his head looking up as the creatures eyes turned red. 

"L/N, I am... The Jackal." It's voice filled with venom and malice. 

"Was that meant to be some big reveal?" Y/N asked. As the tension crackled between them, Y/N's retort hung in the air like a challenge. With a swift motion, he launched into a powerful kick, his muscles coiled with determination. But the Jackal, nimble and predatory, anticipated the attack. With a fluid movement, it sidestepped and seized Y/N's leg with a vice-like grip.

A sickening thud reverberated through the alley as Y/N was flung to the ground, his face meeting the concrete. Pain exploded behind his eyes, stars dancing in his vision as consciousness teetered on the brink. The Jackal, relentless in its assault, hurled Y/N against the nearby wall, each impact sending shockwaves of agony rippling through his battered body.

Blood oozed from Y/N's wounds, staining the ground beneath him. Despite the overwhelming odds, Y/N remained resolute.

As the Jackal loomed over him, its gaze filled with malicious intent, Y/N's mind raced, searching for a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos. With each labored breath, he fought to regain his footing, his senses sharpened by the adrenaline coursing through his veins.

"Goodbye, L/N. Gwen... Will be mine..." The Jackal's taunt ignited a spark within Y/N, fueling his determination to resist. With a surge of newfound strength, he dodged the impending blow, his movements fluid and precise despite the haze of pain clouding his senses. In a moment of opportunity, he unleashed a devastating punch, striking the Jackal's abdomen with a force born of desperation.

The creature recoiled, its grip loosening as it stumbled backwards, caught off guard by Y/N's resilience. Seizing the chance to escape, Y/N swiftly deployed his webbing, propelling himself upwards. He cast a fleeting glance over his shoulder, heart pounding with a mixture of relief and apprehension as he disappeared into the darkness.

Back in the safety of his room, Y/N's hands trembled as he reached for his phone, fingers flying over the keypad as he composed a message to Gwen.