Chapter 4 - Revelations

Y/N enveloped Gwen in a tight hug as soon as he saw her. His face was still bruised. He had a couple of days off from school. It led to him tracking down the Jackal, but not with much success. He had his motives now. He could understand how to defeat it. Gwen and Y/N had her birthday dinner planned for that night. They had decided to go to a smaller café on her actual birthday for just her and Y/N. Yet tonight she'd celebrate with the entire family. 

Yet, first by Gwen's steel hand, Y/N was forced back into school. The day dragged on as usual. He slouched around the lessons. Grimace and shocked expressions surrounded him. He'd done his best to cover himself, but many cuts still showed. He brushed off questions and told people it was a bad skating accident. Not even Gwen knew the truth. He couldn't risk her safety. At this point, he completely disregarded his own safety. 

Y/N eventually slouched into his last lesson, math. On his left were Jay, who, as usual, seemed to be in an even cheery mood. 

"My martial arts training is going really well!" Jay exclaimed, and Y/N gave a small chuckle. 

"Is it? How so?" Y/N continued the conversation absent-mindedly. 

"Yeah! I beat up the strongest guy in my gym." Jay told him. Y/N nodded. He once again thought they were likely paid-off fighters. Someone's Jay-rich father keeps on the payroll to keep his kids happy. 

"How are you doing? Whatever hit you must hurt." Jay questioned. 

"Like a brick wall. I'll live, though; I was lucky." Y/N replied, and Jay whispered something beneath his breath before turning back to his work. 

"Any plans this weekend?" Jay asked. 

"Yeah, Going to Dinner tonight. One of those fancy places downtown... yourself?" Y/N questioned back. 

"I think... I might rematch that guy I beat." Jay told him. 

"Oh, good luck. Give him a punch from me." Y/N laughed before standing up to head to the front of the class. 

Y/N was dressed in his finest clothes

Y/N was dressed in his finest clothes. He patted down his chest. 

"You got this man. Her dad loves you; why won't her grandparents?" He told himself, Before hearing a ring at the doorbell,. 

"Coming!" He shouted before slipping on a coat, double-checking for his phone and keys. He opened the door to the sight of Gwen. She looked stunning. 

"Gwen, I... you look amazing." Y/N blurted out. She gave a small smile.

"Thank you. Not too bad yourself." She chuckled, adjusting his tie slightly. 

"To say I was terrified would be an understatement." Y/N told her, and she giggled. 

"You'll be fine. They have already heard great stories from my dad. They love you. Plus, my uncle put in a good word when you helped with his bike." Gwen revealed that Y/N's confidence grew ever so slightly. 

"Shall we go?" Y/N asked, holding his elbow, to allow Gwen to interlink with him. She gave his cheek a small peck before they walked to the car. Inside sat Gwen's dad, Captain Stacey, He was a cop. 

Y/N was unsure whether her dad was for or against Spider-Man; therefore, he refrained from mentioning it. Plus, the one time he saw Stacey in the field, he didn't get a great reaction. 

"Hey, Bud. Are you ready for tonight?" Captain Stacey asked, and Y/N gave a smile. 

"Ready as I'll ever be. How are you?" Y/N replied, and George Stacey smiled at Y/N. 

"I'm good, Kid. Thanks for asking. Now let's go get some pizza!" He announced before Gwen corrected it that it was merely an Italian restaurant. 

Y/N sat in the backseat, patiently making Idol have small talk with Gwen and her dad. Until, eventually, they reached the restaurant. Y/N walked behind Gwen, grabbing the door for Gwen.  He followed her inside, where he saw around 30 to 40 people. In one corner, a group of around 8 had gathered. As soon as they spotted Gwen, they waved, and one toddler, whom Y/N assumed must have been a cousin, came running over to give Gwen a hug. 

All around, it was a very calling mood, and Y/N had no hassle all night. After speaking to everyone, he managed to calm his nerves. Her grandparents were kind. Her uncles and aunts welcomed him like an old friend, and by the end of the evening, Y/N had eaten his fair share. 

Gwen rested her head again on his shoulder. 

"You know they all think you are great. Thank you, Y/N, I had the best birthday dinner ever!" She whispered as she continued leaning into the hug. 

"I'm glad you enjoyed it; I loved this myself. And if you want to take a walk later, I'll give you your present." Y/N told her she looked up at him wide-eyed.

"Wait, do you mean... like..." Gwen's face had gone extremely red. 

"No-No-No. I mean an actual present. Unless?" Y/N joked, earning him a slap on the shoulder. 

Eventually the night died down, and Y/N and Gwen began their walk. They decide to walk home as there is no rain. They walked through the suburbs for a while. Y/N was leading Gwen somewhere. She had an idea of where it may be. And when they eventually reached the old construction site, she had her thoughts confirmed. 

Y/N walked out in front of her. 

"Gwen, This year has been so amazing; I've loved every second of it. And one day, not today, I will marry you. But first, I want to give you this." Y/N pulled out a small pink box and gave it to Gwen. Inside was a pendulum that said, "I love you," and on the other side were their initials. Gwen teared up.

"I love you, Gwen. So much. It took me a while to say it, I know. But now I don't think I will ever stop. I love you." He pulled her into a tight embrace. 

"I love you too, Y/N." She sobbed. 

"However, there is one thing I need to tell you." Y/N had peaked Gwen's interest as she urged him to continue. " GWen, I'm Spi-" 

Y/N was caught off guard by a punch to the face, sending him into the construction site. 

"Hello, L/n. Or should I say Spidey?!" The Jackal shouted.