Chapter Thirty-five

Era's Pov
Tomorrow I am finally going to get discharge. But I guess I am on my own. The guys are all caught up in a tight schedule. Emma can't take a day off from her work. Katie is out of town. Emily is herself hospitalized as her due date is near. And of course Maher was also caught up with those guys. These are the only people I could really count on here. My life is quite eventful ever since I came to New York. I feel like I was on a roller coaster. In all of these things I never got much of a chance to socialize. I don't have much friends in the office. More of them seem jealous of me being the one who just joined and already is so close to the company's top band and now it is more complicated with this wedding.

Today I really miss Aditya, Shanaya, Sara mam and Jayesh too. It would have been great to have them here supporting me and standing next to me in all those situations. I also miss Ma and Bhaiya. I feel quite lonely today. I wonder what are they doing.

Should I call them? It's the day there I hope I can see them. I'll video call Shanaya.

As soon as the caller tune rang she picked it in one go as if she was on her phone waiting for me to call.

"So finally soon to be Mrs. Rutherford has the time to call her best friend." She said with a done face. I smiled with a hint of guilt.

"At least greet me properly. "
"There is no time for that. You didn't tell me you guys were making it public already."
"It went on sudden. I updated you as far I knew the situation. You already know how things got tensed since that video was leaked. We had to do this unexpectedly."
"Oh I see. Wait where are you?"
"In a hospital."
"Why the f? Is everything okay with you."
"I am fine it's just my sprain it got worsen but mind your language girl. Don't swear out loud someone might hear you. You seem to be in office."
"Let that be. Can't you be more careful Era? These is the 30th time you got hospitalized because of your clumsiness. "
"Don't tell me you keep track for it?"
"I keep my eye on every single person I care about."
I smiled.
"Where are the others?"
"They are in the zoo. Keeping people entertained by showing them monkey dance."
"That's not funny. But really where are they?"
"Of course working. Wait I'll call them here."
"That would be great."

"Shanaya is there any reason you called us. Because I am not in the mood for any lame dad jokes stand up comedy."
"Adi don't talk like that it must be important. "
"You better not interept me Mr. Advocate."
"Well are you so busy that you can't even give your long distance best friend a couple minutes. "
"Woah is that Era's voice." Adi said and Shanaya turned her laptop in his direction.

"Hello Adi,Jay long time no see hah."
"Era it's been so long. How have you been?" Adi said with genuine worry.

I know no matter what he'll be like that. He and Bhaiya are same they do have a tendency to over protect me and I at times enjoy it a lot. I know whatever happened in me and Adi is long forgotten we are again the same duo we used to be.

"Well generally I am okay but to be more specific I am hospitalized."
"Wait you are? But why? Era is everything alright?" Jayesh said.
"Oh clam down and take a breather. It's just a sprain in foot I'll be alright."
"You should have been more careful. It's for sure your clumsiness."
"Woah you should really stop influencing the pure guy so much. He was so gentle and generous now he is just like you two."
"Well our growing friendship made that happen." Jayesh said. I've been atheist in touch with my really close ones since I came here. I am yet there in them and they are here with me.

"But you just stole my line."
"Are you a kid Adi?"
"Whatever Jay it was my line to say it.
You should have said something else."
"And what exactly should he say?" Shanaya said in frustration.
"I don't know. All I want to say is ghat she is clumsy. You should shout her."
Adi said.
"What the hell?"
"Don't swear got it?" Shanaya said pointing a finger towards me.
"Right now listen to me." Adi was saying something.
"Stop there. All three of you fold your hands." Shanaya commanded and we did so.
"Now finger on your lips."
"It seems as if we are in nursery."
"You act like children.
"What did I do?" I said.
"Nothing but you have to do as I say."
"Okay go ahead Simon."
"Jayesh it's not funny." Shanaya said.
"So are your jokes." We three said in a low voice but she heard it.
"How dare you say that? You guysnever realize but that hurts." She said suddenly looking like she was hurt deeply on the erge of crying. Was she insecure about something. Did we just tigger her?