-Chapter 8-

Mittali's stroke changed everything for the Khuranas

Mittali's stroke changed everything for the Khuranas. The doctor told them in no unclear terms that Mittali needed to lead a stress-free life. The mild stroke was a warning bell. Her health was not slowly failing. Stress had taken a toll on her aging heart. There was nothing they could do to help her. He emphasized the need to keep her happy. That was the best medicine.

Mahir did not leave Mitali's side for even a second. His mother was the most important person in his life. Staying away from her had been the most difficult thing he had to do. The thought of losing her terrified him.

Maan came back from work to check on his mother. The doctor wanted to keep her under observation for a couple of days. It was not possible for him to take a break from work. Nitya offered to stay in his stead. Maan relaxed when she offered to stay. She loved his mother as much as they did. He knew she would make sure his mother was resting.

When he came back, he saw Manav sleeping there on the floor with his head on Nitya's lap. Both looked exhausted. He approached him and sat beside Nitya.

"Ghar bhej dena chahiye tha ise Nitu," Maan caressed Manav's hair gently. Even in deep sleep, Manav leaned into his caress.

"Aapko lagta hai jayega?"

Maan sighed. None of them could leave their mother's side. He had been at work, but he could not stop thinking about her. He had rushed back to the hospital as soon as he got off work.

"Mumma kaise hai?"

"She is doing well. They will be moving her out of the ICU today evening. We can take her home tomorrow."

Manav was relieved to hear that.

"Tum dono bahar kyun ho? Andar...."

"They are only letting one person inside, Maan."

Maan looked at the ICU. He could see Mahir sitting by his mother's side, holding her hand. Even from a distance, he could see that he was exhausted. Mahir had been shot; he needed to rest.

"Did he go home?"

Nitya shook her head. He had not left Mittali's side for even a second. He had waited out when Manav was inside with Mittali, but he did not go home. She was getting worried for Pari; neither could she leave Manav in the hospital alone, nor could she go back to a child who did not even know her.

"Pari akele hai ghar pe," she voiced her concern.

"Maahi also needs rest, Nitu. I will send him home."

Nitya did not say anything. She could feel his concern for Mahir and somewhere resented it. Maan saw the look in her eyes and stepped back. Her resentment towards Mahi had made their relationship so bitter. He did not wish to start an argument with her.