ONE

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

All Cecil had wanted was a pumpkin pastry off the trolley. Now he was on the floor rubbing the back of his head because someone had run past him, knocking him into the wall of the hallway as he was trying to find the food trolley. His eyes came back into focus, and he saw none other than George Weasley standing above him.

"Hey, are you alright?" George asked while reaching out a hand for him to take.

Cecil batted the hand away and pushed himself up off the ground. "Yeah I'm fine, no thanks to you."

"Sorry. My brother-"

"Fred right?"

"I'm sorry?" he blinked owlishly at Cecil.

Rolling his eyes Cecil repeated himself. "Your brother Fred, right?"

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry, its just that no one can tell us apart."

Crossing his arms he scoffed, "I've had classes with you for four years, it really not hard to tell the difference," He looked George up and down, feeling a small file grace his lips "Besides," a quiet pause passed between the two of them as he started to walk past George, whispering in his ear as he went, "I think you're the better looking twin."

He then walked back to his compartment leaving George standing in the hallway staring after him.

It wasn't until he got back to his compartment that he remembered the pastry.

-☆-

"I thought you were getting food?"

Two people looked up at Cecil as he entered the compartment, Angie and Johnnie Cunningham.

"Oh. Right... sorry I ran into someone and forgot about it."

"Just ran into someone did you?" Johnnie looked him accusingly.

"Did that someone happen to be George Weasley?" Angie raised his eyebrow.

Cecil felt his cheeks flush. "It wasn't like that okay."

"Sure its wasn't," the twins glanced at each other before focusing back on Cecil.

"It wasn't I swear. He shoved me into the wall!"

Johnnie's eyebrows shot up and Angie mirrored the expression, mouth hanging open in shock.

"I'm sorry," Johnnie leaned over, shoulders shaking in laughter, "He shoved you into the wall?"

Sitting down across from the twins Cecil put his head in his hands. "It wasn't like that. I swear!"

The laughter continued for minutes before it began to quieten down and cease all together.

Johnnie came over and put a hand on Cecil's shoulder, "We understand you mate. We're just winding you up."

Cecil sighed, sitting up he grabbed the book that was on the seat next to him. The cover read 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them.'

"I know you guys are, I should be used to it by now."

-☆-

The compartment was quiet for a while as everyone was doing their own thing. The silence was broken by Angie.

"Do you want to know I heard over the break?"

Cecil and Johnnie both looked up from their respective books. "What'd you hear?"

"I heard that Hogwarts is hosting the Triwizard Tournament this year."

Johnnie sat bolt upright staring at Angie with a look as if he couldn't believe that his own twin would keep something like that from him. "Where in the bloody hell did you hear that?"

"I heard mum talking about it."

"What's the Triwizard Tournament?" Cecil asked, confusion written all over his face.

"How do you not know what the Triwizard Tournament is?" Both twins asked in disbelief.

"I mean my parents have never talked about it, how was I supposed to know?"

Angie turned to look at Johnnie, "He does have a point there."

"True."

The silence stretched on for a few minutes.

"So, are either of you going to tell me what it is?"

This seemed to snap the twins out of it, Johnnie leaned forward in his seat and started to explain.

"Well, it was, is?, was a tournament held by Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beauxbatons, and each school gets one champion to represent them. The champions then compete in three tasks that test intelligence, magical ability, and courage."

"Why did they stop hosting it then?" asked Cecil.

Angie chimed in to give an answer, "Cause it was really dangerous and heaps of people died."

Upon hearing this information Cecil felt uneasy, "Then why would someone want to bring it back?"

Angie shrugged in response, "It could just be a rumour, I'm not sure, I just heard it from our parents."

"Alright then."

Despite the reassurance of his friends Cecil still couldn't shake the uneasy feeling he had about the new year.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Chapters from now on will be around 1000 words. Thank you for taking the time to read this story that is mostly self indulgent. I hope you enjoy!

- C