THREE

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The next day everyone in the school was buzzing with anticipation at having the other schools arrive that evening. It was breakfast in the Great Hall and that seemed to be the only thing that anyone could talk about.

Cecil didn't really care about the other schools; he had a feeling that re-establishing Triwizard tournament after centuries was a bad idea. Something was bound to go wrong.

Cecil looked towards his friends. "Do you two think that it's really a good idea for the Triwizard tournament to go ahead?"

Johnnie and Angie looked up from their breakfast.

"I think it's a wicked idea!" Johnnie exclaimed dropping his toast back onto his plate, Angie was nodding along with him.

Johnnie leaned back on the bench with his arms crossed a smirk settling on his face. "I'm actually thinking about entering myself."

Cecil looked at Johnnie, his mouth hanging open in shock. Then he turned to face Angie. "Are you thinking about entering as well?"

Angie shook his head. "No that's really more Johnnie's thing than mine."

Cutting the conversation off short, all the food disappeared off of their plates signalling that it was time to go to class.

Standing up the trio headed out of the Great Hall walking to their dorm to grab their things.

-☆-

Cecil was walking to his first class alone. He didn't want to wait up for Angie or Johnnie because they were taking to long to find their things.

As he turned into a third floor corridor, which was rather packed, he saw the Weasley twins. Both had mischievous smiles on their faces. No one else had noticed them but Cecil had, and he knew those smiles could only mean one thing and he didn't feel like being caught up in one of their pranks.

He quickly walked up to the painting just up the hallway which he knew had a hidden passage behind it, having been told about it by his father. He reached the painting and quickly slipped behind it, unseen, into the passage.

Cecil was only waiting in that passage a few moments before there was a burst of noise, the sound of sudden loud cracks filled the air followed by the shrieking of students and footsteps thudding on the stone floor. Cecil rolled his eyes. Of course, the Weasley twins would use fireworks for the welcome prank of the year.

Just as Cecil had decided that it had been long enough since the fireworks that he could safely get to class, George opened up the portrait and slipped inside himself. He hadn't noticed Cecil as he was peeking out into the hallway through a little gap between the frame and the wall, so Cecil decided to sneak up behind him.

"Fireworks?" he asked leaning over George's shoulder and whispering into his ear.

George flinched and turned around with impressive speed, squinting into the darkness at Cecil.

Cecil grabbed his wand and muttered a quiet 'Lumos', lighting up the dark passageway.

"Hello Weasley."

A smile spread across George face as he realised who it was.

"Hiding from our welcome prank, huh?"

"Yeah, didn't really want to be attacked by fireworks."

George snickered at that.

"So, how'd you know?"

"Know what?"