Chapter 2

Lovely stay

Lovely stay.

As Yi Lin was supervising Sun Wukong, she noticed a few changes around him. Sun wukong was more nicer and softer around her, she didn't know why. Did I mention Sun Wukong was clingy too? He became needy and wanted her to supervise him more until he dies- Which will never happen.

"Wukong, are you sure I'm allowed to do this?" Yi Lin asked. "Yup! Just pet them." Sun Wukong grinned at her nervous expression. Yi Lin furrowed her eyebrows as a white monkey approaches her. "Are you-" "I'm very sure, go on." Sun wukong nodded. Yi Lin sighed and took out her hand before petting the white monkey, she wasn't sure how to pet one, but it seemed like the white monkey enjoyed it.

"How many are there?" Yi Lin asked, a small smile growing on her face, causing Sun wukong to also smile too. "I have enough to fill up this whole island, they're pretty adorable too." Sun Wukong replied, crossing his arms over his chestplate. "You're right." Yi Lin smiled brightly as more white monkeys began approaching her, tilting their heads in confusion to who this girl- Goddess is.

The white monkeys cooed as they approach her carefully, scared that they might hurt them. Yi Lin can sense their fear within them and took out her hand, "Come here, I won't hurt you." Yi Lin said, those words running through her tongue smoothly, causing the white monkeys to trust her a slight bit before they all move closer. Sun Wukong's eyes widen, but it was not because of the white monkeys approaching her, it was about her smooth voice.

"Heh, I guess they like you." Sun Wukong smiled at her. "I guess so." Yi Lin sighed, crossing her legs in some sort of a criss-cross position. Some of the white monkeys got onto her lap and reached out their paws toward her, wanting to be pet, while some of them cooed and hugged her sides.

Sun Wukong thought that this sight was precious to him. He never saw the white monkeys this happy and affectionate towards another person but him. Sun Wukong gently moved the white monkeys away from her side and sat down beside her, wrapping his tail around her. "Are you enjoying this?" Sun wukong smirked, leaning against her. Yi Lin nodded and sighed, "Are they always like this?" She asked, he shook his head.

"Y'know, Yi Lin. I've never had anyone on this island, except for Macaque.. But we separated because.." Sun Wukong's voice trails off as his expression turns into one of sadness. "It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it." Yi Lin smiled gently at him, causing Sun Wukong's heart to flutter. "But, I've never had anyone on this island as sweet as you, Yi Lin. I've only hung out on this island out of boredom, pissing of the gods were also boring.

But then when I met you, everything changed. You were the most sweetest, loveliest, prettiest goddess I ever knew. I know when we first met, we didn't really get on good terms, but it was fun having to meet that one person who would make my life brighter than usual. But, all I wanna say is, I love being your friend, Yi Lin. And I wish to stay as your friend." Sun Wukong let out a deep sigh after.

"Wait, really?" Yi Lin's face began to flush a bit. "Mhm, yes N/N.." Sun Wukong chuckles lightly. They both stay quiet as they stare at each other in a some sort of longing for each other's trust, smiling sweetly at each other.

For a few days, months, years, or maybe decades, Yi Lin grew closer to Sun Wukong and doesn't see him as an enemy anymore, so did Sun Wukong. In fact, they grew closer and formed a friendship like no other. But eventually, Sun Wukong found himself falling deeper for her, longing for her affection the more she stayed.

Everyday, they would sometimes hang out near the waterfall, inside his home, or with the white monkeys. Speaking of white monkeys, they actually grew attached to Yi Lin, the same with Sun Wukong.

Everything was going perfect. Until Guán Hìn called to say her quest was finally complete.

"What? Why do you have to leave?!" Sun Wukong exclaimed, his eyes widening as his expression shows nothing but anger and desperation. "My quest is finished. I have to supervise you until your together." "What do you mean?!" Sun Wukong yelled. "I mean like.. You aren't chaotic anymore." Yi Lin frowns a bit, feeling bad that she would leave him and go on another quest.

"I can't believe this! You know what, I never cared about you! I was just saying those compliments, and other stuff to make you feel good about yourself!" Sun Wukong yelled. Yi Lin didn't say anything and turned around, spreading her wings open before she flew off, leaving Sun Wukong behind.

"Where is N/N going..?" One of the white monkeys cooed. "She's leaving, but I won't let her." Sun Wukong's expression darkens as he summoned his cloud and got on it, heading towards her at a fast speed.

Sun Wukong would never let his peach leave.

Remember, this is just Y/N's past life before Y/N was reborn in the modern world, okay? :D

-Sofeia