New : Eventful

'I don't think it's a good idea.' Tay and I were sitting in the back of the car and P Thada was driving.

'Please...I want to come.' I grabbed Tay's hand and shook it.

'Don't you trust me? I can handle the situation, don't worry.' Tay laughed.

'P Thada....' I looked at the rear view mirror.

'Let him come. Later I'll drop him home.' P smiled.

Half of the day is already gone and Tay's mother got to know about his absence from home. She called P Thada and asked them to return immediately. I also wanted to come with them but Tay was refusing again and again. So I turned to P and he agreed.

'Hin, I am already grounded. What else can happen?'

'Was aunty sounded very angry P?' I asked.

'Umm...' P was hesitating.

'Don't worry. I'll manage.' Tay held my hand and smiled reassuringly.

'This is all because of me....' I mumbled.

'Hin....... it's alright. Just promise me you'll come to meet me every day. I don't want to spend time apart from you. We only have two weeks left.'

'Newiee..... Are you really leaving in two weeks?'

'Yes P.'

'That's......bad.'

'I will call you from there...' I don't know why I said that.

'Really? Thanks.....I will miss you.'

'Why! Why would you call him! Call me only!'

'Tay.....I am going to call you both.'

'You don't have to. Just call me and that's enough.'

'Tay ....bro ....you are not a nice person.'

'Whatever.'

'Then I will call you daily and I will call P once a week....' I laughed.

'Once a month is alright.' Tay muttered and P laughed. I also joined but in my mind I was crying a river. I may not get the chance to call you for a month Tay. But I will try to be in contact as far as I can.

'So....Mint went on a vacation with her parents?'

'Yes P. They went to the USA.'

'Don't talk about her. I am still mad that she is the reason I am grounded. Ma was so angry...'

I didn't say anything else. It was my fault that they are in this mess. So I was thinking a way out for both of them. I have to do something or else Tay will be the one taking the heat.

We reached their home and the moment we entered Aunty came hurriedly. She was really angry. It's now or never....

Before she could say something I stood right in front of her and said with a exhausted tone...

'Thank you so much aunty for your help. Mom dad aren't here so I was really in a bad situation but you sent P Thada and Tay to my rescue......thank you so much.'

Aunty was bewildered and so was P Thada and Tay. They were looking at me like I am an alien.

'New......I don't...' Aunty was really confused.

'Last night when I was returning home I felt hungry so stopped the cab near a convenience store. After buying some snacks I went to pay the bill but couldn't find my wallet. I went back to the cab but that cab was gone. I didn't know what to do because mom dad aren't here and Hiya is also abroad. So I called P Thada.' I acted pitiful.

'Oh..' Aunty was listening with interest.

'Thanks to him and Tay I could reach home safely yesterday. But it was really late so I asked them to stay there. In the morning we went to lodge a complaint to the police station but found out that the cab driver wasn't really a bad guy. He had an emergency so he had to leave hurriedly without informing me first. He already left the wallet at the station. We are returning from there.' I conjured a reliable story but there are many loopholes.

'So that's why.....' Thankfully aunty didn't say anything.

'You didn't know about this? I thought P told you and he went there with your permission. Sorry aunty....' I acted surprised and then lowered my head.

'What are you saying! Why are you saying sorry? Thada did the right thing. I am glad that you called him. Everything is sorted out now?' Aunty easily believed my lies and showed concern.

'Yeah. But we are totally exhausted. Last night we couldn't sleep.....' I looked at P Thada and he followed my lead,

'Sorry Ma, I forgot to call you....I was stressed.....' He scratched his head.

'It's okay... it's okay....' Aunty patted his back with a smile.

'Where is Pa?' I think P was uncomfortable so he tried to divert the attention.

'Your Pa is in the office. I am going to call him to inform about this whole thing. You boys go upstairs...I am sending some snacks...'

'Thank you aunty....' I smiled brightly.

Phew! The situation is under control.

'Go go.'

'Aunty......one more thing....' Should I take this chance...?

'Yes New, tell me..'

'Can you please forgive Tay? He helped me a lot last night.....And he promised me that he won't do anything reckless from now on. So..... please?' I said in one breath.

'Hm. Tay?' wow! Aunty is really considering my request!

'Yes ma, I promise to be a good boy from now on. I won't make trouble...so please....na na na?' Tay eagerly looked at her.

'Ah ah. Alright. You are free to go outside. But no more trouble you understand?'

Finally!!

'Thanks ma. You are the best.' Tay was so happy that he hugged her with a big smile on his face.

'I know....now go upstairs and freshen up. I am sending food. New, you too. Go and......Thada? Give him some clothes.' She rolled her eyes but there was a faint smile on her face.

'Don't worry ma. I'll lend him my clothes. We are almost same height and....' Tay said with much enthusiasm.

'Fine.' She waved her hand and we left the room happily.
..............................................................

'You are a genius!' Tay hugged me the moment we were upstairs.

'Newiee ... have you ever thought about a career change? I think you will do better in movie industry. Such a nice story and what a great acting!' P Thada teased me.

'Ha ha, I am a multi-talented guy.' I was amused by their reaction.

'I still remember what you said the first day we met and talked....whatever the situation needs I become one.' Tay quoted.

'Ha ha yes. I remember that.....you really annoyed by him back then.' P Thada winked at Tay.

'Shut up. Come New..... Don't listen to his nonsense.' Tay shoved me towards the room.

'Newiee, he used to complain about you all the time.....' P shouted from behind.

'God Thada! I will beat you to death!' Tay angrily closed the door but I couldn't help but smile.

'Why are you getting hyper? I know about this already.'

'I.....still....'

'Ah ah ... don't fret....I know...' I hugged him.

'I don't want you to remember my bad behaviour.... I am ashamed that I misbehaved with you back then.'

'I want to take a shower.....where is my clothes?' I tried to divert his attention.

'Let's shower together.'

'Tay!'

This boy!