Chapter Five:

*Darin's POV*

When he got home, Darin set his bags down on the kitchen table. Making his way upstairs, he heard the all too familiar whimpering, coming from behind the fire place. "Shut up," he mumbled. The whimpering grew louder, making him swell with anger. "I SAID SHUT UP!" he roared. The house grew quiet. His mother never knew when to shut her mouth. Even when she was dead, he couldn't drown out her voice. Darin continued up the stairs to his bathroom. He was in need of a shower, badly. He threw his clothes in the hamper and cleaned himself up. When he was done and dressed, he went downstairs for dinner. Deciding on a microwave dinner, he parked himself in front of the TV. It wasn't long before the urgent sound of his mother's voice clouded his mind. Take her, Darin. Darin threw away his leftovers and turned off the TV. It was only 8:30. With nothing to do but think, he made his way to his room. Once he was in bed, her voice was back. Kill her like you killed me. He covered his ears and groaned. Why wouldn't she leave him alone? He finally drifted off to sleep. All of a sudden, he was in his childhood home, helping his mother in the kitchen. His mother kept glancing at the basement door, which was locked. "Mommy, why is there a lady down there?" His mother just smiled and said "It's none of your concern, Darin. Go wash up for dinner." Darin did as he was told and made his way to the bathroom. Making sure he was gone, his mother rushed down to the basement. She went through another door to where the girl was. "What did I tell you? Keep quiet and I'll spare your life. You're just too stupid to listen." The girl cowered in her chains. She closed her eyes as the woman came at her with a hammer. With each blow, the poor girl cried out. After a minute, the girl was still and quiet, blood seeping from her head. She heard a little gasp from the top of the stairs. She whipped around and saw Darin trembling in the doorway. "Mommy?.." he squeaked. Before she could say anything, Darin ran from the stairs. "Darin! Wait!" She called after him. She ran upstairs and looked for him. After a few minutes, she found him behind the fireplace, trembling and crying. "Come here, honey. It's okay." With fear in his eyes, he slowly went to his mother. "It's okay. Together, we will KILL HER." Darin's eyes flew open. He was back on his own bed. It was just a dream. But his mother's words echoed in his mind. Kill her.