Chapter Six:

**Claire's POV**

Claire's alarm clock blared in her ear. She groaned and turned it off. She laid there for a few more minutes until she reluctantly got up. I really hate early mornings. She thought as she grabbed an outfit and made her way to the bathroom. Claire was not ready for today. She had three speeches to give, four essays to turn in, and dance rehearsal. She wasn't even close to being ready to give those speeches. Claire had practiced them countless times, but public speaking was not her thing. She sighed as she felt the shower water start to turn cold. Stepping out of the shower, she grabbed a towel and dried off. Once she was dressed, she dried and straightened her hair. Satisfied, she grabbed her school bag and phone, then went downstairs. "Claire, would you like some breakfast before you leave?" Her mom was frying bacon at the stove. "No, I'll just get something at school. Thanks anyway. I'll see you after school!" Claire smiled and left the house. As she walked, Claire couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. She picked up her pace and hurried down the sidewalk. She was a block away from her school when she heard the screech of tires, followed by a door being slammed. The next thing she knew, she was roughly grabbed by the waist. Before she could even take a breath to scream, a rag was placed over her face. Claire felt herself getting dizzy and sleepy. She gave one feeble kick at her attacker before she drifted off into darkness.