𝟎𝟎𝟔

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐀𝐥𝐲𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲 | 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢 | 𝟏𝟗

Kenori's support system was always short until it was something to talk about. Which was why she never gave half of her family the respect they thought they earned. Usually every other week or so, someone would call to wake her out of her sleep. Today just happened to not be her morning since the previous night, Shae decided they should do a movie night, and wear pajamas, which led to more movies and more time staying up.

"What?" She asked with her raspy tone, already irritated. She turned her brightness all the way down to prevent squinting at her phone. She read the time in the top left and smacked her lips. 7:23 am.

"You good, baby?" Her aunt Harriet's voice flowed through the phone. Kenori rubbed her hand down her face. Harriet happened to be one aunt of very few to stick around. She stayed a long way out though, so she barely got to speak to Kenori since the time zones. Harriet stayed in China, where the time was thirteen hours ahead.

"I'm fine." She grumbled, slipped her feet into her slippers, as she got out of bed.

"You sleepy? I can call back another time, since the different time zones and stuff." Harriet explained in a worried tone. Kenori yawned before exiting her room.

"You fine, I was just up later than I was supposed to be." Kenori explained as she made it into the bathroom.

"How you been? You spoke to yo mom?" Harriet asked. Every time someone called,  they would ask the same question. Kenori hadn't spoke to Alyssa in over a year. She didn't plan to break the silence either.

The last time they had spoken it ended in an argument which was over a year ago, and that was in fact the last time they spoke. Kenori hadn't spoke to her siblings either. Deja moved off when she was eighteen, and hadn't contacted her family since, nor did Kenori try. LJ was seen around town, frequently, but she would never catch him, she knew they would speak if they saw eachother, but they never did. Either way, neither of them made contact, so she didn't really bother.

The mention of family always made her body warm and heat beat slow, she knew she'd never let the mentions of family come out of her mouth purposely. She sighed even thinking about responding.

"Baby?" Harriet called out again, after a few moments of silence.

"No, I haven't talked to her." Kenori sat the phone down on the marble counter. She twisted both of the water knobs so the water could be warm.

"Why not?"

"She ain't talk to me. We just fine not talking, aunt Harriet." Kenori informed her aunt, responding so that she could apply the toothpaste on her toothbrush. She heard her aunt hum as she brushed her teeth.

As she wiped her face, and added her hydration cream on her face, to finish off her little morning routine, that was rushed. The conversation with aunt Harriet had died down as she asked many questions about her, she just answered plainly, with the most simple answer.

Kenori was hungry, since Shae would usually cook in the mornings, which she was sure she would if she was awake at the moment, it crossed her mind to cook instead. She hesitated before making her way into the kitchen.

"You ever tried something that involve more talking? I know you been waiting for the jobs to roll in and I know you're not very talkative." Harriet asked as Kenori saw the sun peeking into the blinds, making the house softly lit.