𝟎𝟏𝟒

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐀𝐥𝐲𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲 | 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢 | 𝟏𝟗

Kenori crossed her legs, sitting in the front seat of Mekhi's Charger. Irritation was fuming off of her as they pulled into the parking lot of the club the rest of the group were going to. She hated the ideas of any type of parties, which wasn't anything new. She also hated crowds, which again wasn't anything new.

"Can you fix your face?"

"What the hell you want me to do? Smile?" Kenori asked him, scrunching her face up while using a sarcastic tone. Mekhi looked at her, notifying her that that's exactly what she could do.

"I will not sit here and act like I'm excited to get drunk and twerk on everything that stands."

"So you basically saying you getting drunk and twerk on everything that stand?"

"No. I'm just saying,  ain't that what drunk females do? Plus, I don't drink or do drunk things, no matter what." Kenori told him, her usual dry tone.

"Why don't you drink?" Mekhi questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Just don't." Kenori stated with a shrug. This subject wasn't exactly her favorite thing to talk about.

"You telling me you friends with Shae and ain't never been drunk? It got to be a reason." Mekhi seemed curious, she could hear it on his tone.

"Nope, just not my cup of tea." Kenori stated, dryly again. She cleared her throat noticing how Mekhi stared at her from the drivers seat.

"Why you got to be like that?" He asked, genuinely wanting to know.

"Like what?" She tilted her head.

"So reserved, you know you can talk to me, right?" Mekhi questioned; he said it multiple times before. Kenori knew better than to just go off words, plus she didn't work that way, she wasn't talking to anyone about anything, no matter how much someone persuaded.

"Yeah, whatever." She shook her head at his words. "And stop staring at me." She stated, and he looked ahead. It was rare for Mekhi to listen; she bit the inside of her mouth at the observation.

Just then Mekhi's ringtone sounded, making both of their eyes shift to his phone. He answered it without looking,  the FaceTime coming in.

"Yo?"

"Where's Kenni? Can y'all come in? Like come quick." Dani's soft voice flowed through the phone.

"Why, wassup?" Mekhi asked, sitting up in his seat.

"Mariyah nem' here, and I want y'all in here. We know the bad blood between that group." Dani huffed in annoyance at the subject making Kenori's eyebrows jump in sarcasm. Marshala's hatred for that group was definitely something that only came up when they came out—which of course added to her long list of reasons of why she hated going out.

"Ight, here we come." Mekhi announced, Dani hummed in response before ending the call. "You ready?" Mekhi asked Kenori who nodded,"Holdup." Mekhi told Kenori as she reached for the door handle.

"Why?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as Mekhi opened his door.

"Just holdup." He raised his hand, getting out of the car. Kenori eyes watched him jog around the car to the passenger side, and to her door. She smacked her lips as the door opened and she stepped out.