22. 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞

➳❦

➳❦

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE FINNICK STAYED WITH ARYA THAT NIGHT. Ever since, he has slept in her room whenever she had asked him to. Which seemed to be every night. But Finnick didn't mind. If Arya felt safe with him around, he would keep staying with her until she felt like she would be okay on her own. There wasn't much to it. He would sleep next to her on the bed, his arms rested behind his head, and she would often face the other way as she tried to sleep. But today, today was different.

Arya had woken up, well, she hadn't really drifted off the night before. But as she laid there, she had felt an arm wrap around her and her body being pulled against Finnick's. She almost felt like she was asleep, that she was dreaming. But as the noise outside her room gets louder, she knew it was the morning. And all she could do was stare at the wall in front of her. She couldn't exactly move. Not that she would want to if she could.

Finnick was laying beside her, his arm wrapped around her waist tightly as he held her against his body. His hand resting on the one piece of skin that wasn't covered by her shirt. His leg was intertwined with hers as his thigh rested on top of her hip. His head was rested in the crook of her neck, his breath hitting her skin. The odd snore left his lips, or he would move a bit in his sleep, but other than that, he didn't really budge an inch. The only thing he did was tighten his grip on her.

She felt her heart racing, just feeling his touch, his hold on her. Arya didn't think it would even make her stomach flutter but it did. It was filled with butterflies as his fingers dragged along her bare skin. She bit her lip as she tried to fight back a smile. Arya hadn't thought this would happen when she asked him to stay with her, but it was honestly helping her. She felt more comfortable in his arms, which she didn't think was possible.

Arya thought she would hate him touching her, especially with what she's gone through. But she felt safe. It was most likely because she knew, deep down, that Finnick would never hurt her. Instead, he would protect her. And his tight embrace brought her comfort and warmth. She didn't want to even move an inch because she felt she would wake him.

Unfortunately someone else did. Opening the door, Katniss peeked her head inside of the room. After going to Finnick's and not seeing him there, she made a guess that he was with Arya. And there he was, sleeping next to Arya. Katniss glances between the pair, seeing how tightly Finnick was holding her. She couldn't help be smile, shaking her head before bending down next to him.

Katniss places her hand on Finnicks shoulder, moving him gently. But she heard the soft snore that left him and she clearly hadnt woken him. "Finnick?" She asks, trying to keep her voice as quiet as possible to not disturb Arya. She shakes him a few more times, this time with more force until he eventually starts to stir.

"Hm?" Finnick groans, not even wanting to open his eyes. He felt so warm, so comfortable and he knew the moment he opened his eyes, that would be stripped from him. He moves his leg in order to stretch a bit, only hitting someone else's.