Chapter 6 with a short update

(note: I have decided to review my update schedule- I have a very busy job but I will start writing updates and posting them regularly on Monday, from now on. Sorry for the long wait, uni and work are kicking my ass.)

The sully family enjoyed their dinners of odd meats and fruits they'd never seen before, before returning to their lodgings. Around an hour after dinner, Lila had brought by a schedule, written on a piece of parchment, that told the sully kids what they would be learning when.

The schedule said that tomorrow they would be learning about "Swizawintxuri", how they are used by the Fyao aymokri clan, and how to bond with one correctly.

The sullies decided to take a walk before bed, to help them get used to the layout of the main village.

Maia and Kalíme, along with Lila, we're laying out sleeping mats in their home, however, Y/n was nowhere to be seen. Lila spotted the family and wandered over to speak with them.

"Hiya. How are you settling in?" Asked Lila, curiously.

"Alright. Where's Y/n, by the way? I haven't seen her since dinner." Responded neytiri, vaugley interested in the warrior, as Y/n was said to be the Fyao aymokri clans greatest warrior.
Lila looked confused.

"Y/n doesn't sleep in our family home. She is a respected warrior, so she sleeps in the Röng." States Lila, as if that were obvious. (Röng roughly meaning stack)

"The röng?" Asked Kiri, confused

"Oh. Right. The röng is where our warriors sleep. It's quite literally people sleeping in a stack. Their beds are wood platforms,closely stacked together, that are easy to slide off and they sleep with their knives near them and their bows close by. It is so, if anything happens, they can act quickly." Explains Lila, realising that their old clan may not have had this.

Neteyam and Lo'ak were kind of grossed out. After training and washing, they would still sort of smell, and sleeping anywhere near eachother was rank. But that, plus sleeping like "sardines in a tin" (something their father often said) would suck.

Lila just laughed at their expressions. It was now a few hours past eclipse, so the family returned to bed, wondering how y/n and the other warriors could live like that.