Chapter 10

Note: I know this is late, and I'm sorry! I spent Friday at a family function, and was far too tired afterwards to write! Thankfully,I remembered this morning I hadn't published a new chapter yet, and got to work, so , enjoy!

After a few weeks in the healing tent with her mother ,the tashík, Y/n was finally back in her feet, albeit having to have help to walk places, but on her feet nonetheless. That fateful evening, Y/n was walking with her sister Lila supporting her weight.

The two girls had never particularly gotten along, both having polar opposite personalities. When they were younger, they were friends for a while, playing around and laughing with childish wonder. But then, the matter of inheritance came into play. At the age of just 8, both girls had been informed that the one who was deemed better, would lead the clan when their parents grew too old, or passed on to eywa, thus sparking a not so friendly rivalry between the siblings. Y/n had taken up the spear, and become a famed warrior, while Lila, who didn't agree with violence, had become a healer. It seemed every time the two were in a room together for too long they butted heads, so their parents kept them as separated as possible, driving the already large wedge between the girls much deeper. Although Y/n's scars were physical, the scars from the sisters competitive upbringing were very much emotional and mental, and still very prominent, as the twins, now less and less alike by the day, strived to impress their parents and prove their worth.

Since the sullies had arrived, and the twins had been training them, they saw a small glance into each others lives, and realising they weren't so different after all, the two girls loved to do something about it, but neither thought the other would listen. So they watched the sully family and how they were with each other with pain in their hearts, longing for a family who would be like that for them.

That fateful evening, everyone saw how deep the bond shared by siblings truly is. There were some Fyao aymokri clan members, teens, by the names of  Kristia, Traike, and delare, who decided to pick on Kiri, calling her a freak, due to her human blood, calling her a demon-born, unfortunately for them, not only were the sullies watching but also the clans own "ice queen" and her sister. The sully brothers were understandably upset at the boys treatmen tof Kiri, but Y/n spoke up before they had a chance to, calling the boys attention and fixing them with a bone chilling glare, still leaning heavily on her sister as she hissed out
"Leave her alone, or I swear to god, I will (violent threat of your choice 🤭)"
The boys, seeing she was terrifying even when hurt, and knowing if they didn't stop, Y/n would make good on her threats the moment she was better, ran off, and with Lila's help, Y/n limped back to the healers tent, oblivious to the sully brothers who had been watching, and who rushed to help Kiri up
"Why did she stop them? I thought she hated us?" Asked a confused lo'ak to his brother who responded with a shrug, simply saying "we should get back."