Chapter V

Larry shoves his cards onto the grass, the Uno game going everywhere at once as he lays back with a loud and dramatic groan. "You're such a cheater!" He exclaims with a slur to his words, accusing Sal.
Sal had just given Larry yet another draw 4 card, even after the countless others previously. "Pfft, I am not cheating! You're just bad at Uno!" Sal laughs.
Phillip rolls his eyes, now a spectator as his mind had begun to fog multiple rounds before that. Larry lets out another groan, huffing and puffing. Sal looks around before seeing Phillip starts to daze a little. ¨Hey, why don't we clean up and get you guys back home? Philly, if you need, I can either drop you off at home, or you can go home with us. I'm okay with either." Sal hums, gathering up all of the cards.
Phillip dismissively nods,  standing up and dragging Larry up to his feet. "Philll... stoooppp." Larry mumbles, leaning into Phillip.
Phillip rolls his eyes, ignoring his words and grabbing Larry's backpack for him. He puts it around his own body as he grabs his skateboard, hearing sal start getting Larry away from the building. "Cmon Philly, I'll just take you home with us."
Phillip walks over, holding his skateboard and not bothering to ride it, quickly messaging his parents that he is staying over at a friend's house. He doesn't wait for their reply, shoving his phone in his pocket and catching up to the two brothers that were already running off to the apartments.

Sal finishes getting Larry to settle down on the sofa, sighing and fixing his messy hair into a loose and low bun. He glances around the living room, the light on in the bathroom though the door closed. "Philly, you alright in there?" He calls Larry watching some kiddie show on the tv's cartoon channel.
Phillip shouts back a just barely comprehensible 'yup' before going back to what he is doing, Sal just waiting for him when he hears rustling coming from his room. "The fuck is that..?" He mutters to himself, leaving Larry to watch what seems to be My Little Pony, or some spin off, walking towards his room to the direction of the noise.
he walks into the bedroom, flipping on the switch quickly and looking around before his blue eyes lock with brown ones. He rushes to his window, it half up already, bringing it all the way up to drag Travis inside the room. "Dude! What are you doing here?! And why did you take the window, we are on the fourth floor that's fucking dangerous!"
Travis disregards his panicked statements, finally getting into the room after getting off from the steep ledge. He places down a medium sized plastic box next to him, wheezing and huffing to catch his breath, unable to get any words out without big breaths in between them all. "Take your time man, you must've had to be there forever if you got all the way up here." Sal utters, crouching beside him and waiting for Travis to give him a nod of approval before picking up the box gently.
"What's this?" He asks, a look of slight confusion and amusement in his eyes, betraying his serious tone of voice.
Travis doesn't answer, slowing his breathing and rising to his feet, gesturing for Sal to take his hand. He helps the shorter boy stand up, the box tucked underneath the bluenettes arm. "Cmon, at least let us go to Pip and Pinocchio over there." He mumbles with an eye roll and chuckle, walking out of the room with Sal before he could respond.
Larry glances over to the two walking into the room, his face blank until he sees the box in sals arms, sitting up quickly. Confusion flashes on his face, rubbing his red eyes before standing. "Phelps? What are you doing here, and what's in Sally's hands?" He asks, walking over like a lost child.
Travis takes a step back instinctively, used to Larry Johnson out of all people being violent towards him, even when he is friends with his brother and best friend. "It's nothing, Johnson, back off. You should rest, you look... erm, high." He mumbled, uncomfortable with the smell of weed on the teen, as well as the behavior coming from him.
Larry rolls his eyes, walking to Sal and trapping him in a bear hug. Sal tries to wriggle out of his grasp, though he doesn't budge, and he sighs as he passes the box to Travis. Larry has always gotten really clingy when high or drunk, no matter who he was with or what time it is. Finally, Sal exhales a sigh of relief when he hears the bathroom door open and the light switch flick off in the bathroom, trying to push Larry off of him. "Philly! Come help me out here, Larry won't get off!" He shouts quietly, glancing over as Travis walks away from him, towards the kitchen.
Phillip, instead of walking to Sal and Larry, follows behind Travis, unaware of him ever getting there. Travis sets the box down on the dining table, and Phillip comes up from behind him before taking his shoulders quickly. "RAH!" He yells, making Travis flinch and slap his hands away.
"Jesus Christ Pip! Don't scare me like that." Travis says quickly, taking a step away from him while Phillip laughs.
Sal finally moves away from Larry, making the brunette groan in frustration and walking with Sal to the others. Phillip opens the box, revealing a simple cake with the words 'I hate you guys the least.' written in neat letters. Larry watches the cake, a blank expression on his face before he bursts out laughing, cutting off the silence. Sal smiles, Phillip running off to the drawers to grab a knife. "Really? Thank you for not hating us the least." Sal giggles, rolling his eyes and nudging Travis.
"Oh shut up, be grateful you even got a cake, I climbed up four floors just to deliver it." Travis laughs, nudging him back and moving out of the way for Phillip. Phillip cuts the cake, ignoring the subtle feeling of impending doom buried in his gut and enjoying this time, with his friends and high.

Word count: 1055 words