CHAPTER 5

Hey, I goofed up big time! I know it's been two whole months since the last update, and I'm really sorry about that. The thing is, I just couldn't bring myself to hit that publish button for this chapter. It felt a bit too... I don't know, childish? I've been trying to tweak it endlessly, but it's like there's this mental block. I even thought about abandoning the story altogether, but here I am, determined to see it through. So, as a kind of "I'm sorry for ghosting you" compensation, the updates are going to be very frequent.

Your patience and understanding mean the world, and I'm dead set on completing this book. Thanks for sticking around!

------------------------------------------------------

INLINE COMMENTS ARE LOVE

Precap: Omkar and Nandini's marriage gets fixed. Nandini starts narrating her past to Omkar. Flashback: Manik, for a TV show, scares Nandini, leading her to get him arrested.

Nandini, accompanied by her friends, walks out of the police station the next day.

Next Day

Nandini and her friends begin their journey from the hostel to college by walking. While walking out of the hostel, one of Nandini's friends comments, "Poor guy. The SI might have beaten Manik"

"Why are you sympathizing with him? If it happened to you, you would understand how much it scared me," Nandini retorts

At the same time Manik struggles with the security to enter the hostel. Spotting Nandini, he pushes the security guard to approach her.

"Ma'am, Ma'am I'm sorry. I didn't know you would get scared that much. Please take the complaint back," he pleads.

Nandini, caught off guard, fires back, "First of all, how did you get out?"

"I had to give him a bribe to let me out. He gave me permission for one hour to get you" Manik confesses, a pleading expression masking his face as he contends with the security guard.

"BRIBE? After saying so many dialogues, the SI took a bribe. Idiot," murmurs Nandini, irritated.

"Ma'am I'm not a person like that

"Ma'am I'm not a person like that. I'm a software engineer. Ma'am please ma'am" Manik nags getting in her path for every step she took. Nandini is in verge of losing her mind.

"I'm just on break ma'am from the job. Please take back the complaint. If the case is booked in my name, I will lose my own job. My friend gave me this idea. I thought it would be thrilling and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I didn't know it would land me in this. Please ma'am, please ma'am" He pleads making Nandini lose her calmness.

"Shut Up. The story is very nice. If you make a serial on your Tv, it will definetly run for 5 years. But I will never take the complaint back." Nandini says firmly and moves away. The security makes Manik leave.