Chapter 14

Asher :

He was waiting in the lobby with Arhaan. When the receptionist called his name. She showed him his way towards the doctor's office. It was a compact room with sufficient furniture and dark black walls. As soon as he entered the room Dr Mila greeted him with a professional smile and offered him to sit on the couch. She was an elderly slim lady with freckles and a formal smile on her face. Without saying a word he sat on the couch beside her chair.

"Arhaan told me about you , it is nice to see you" she said with a smile on her face.

He nodded with a machine like expression.

"Let's start by introducing each other. I am your psychologist Dr Mila and we will be having these weekly sessions together. Remember this is a safe space for you whatever you say here stays in between us" she said trying to make him comfortable.

"My name is Asher. I'm an It analyst" he replied.

"Tell me more about yourself. Where did you spend your childhood?"

"In an orphanage" he replied in a cold tone.

"How was your life at the orphanage?"

This question brought back all the unfortunate memories of his past right before his eyes. Dr Mila sensed his uneasyness so she changed the topic.

Arhaan :

After waiting for tweenty minutes in the lobby. He got bored of sitting there alone so he went out for a coffee run. After thirty minutes when he entered the building again. He saw a girl standing in the lobby and talking to the receptionist. She was wearing a black hoodie with black hijab and denim trousers. His eyes landed at the open laces of her white sneakers. This reminded him of the girl who always roamed around the school with open laces and how he'd tie her laces everytime she was about to trip. He got a faint smile on his lips as he returned back from the memories.

He decided to inform her about the open laces but as he came closer to her he noticed the bandage on her right hand. It looked like it was severely injured. That's when he decided to tie her laces out of generosity. He saw that she was wearing a black surgical mask. He could only see her eyes from his peripheral vision. He went on his knees and started to fasten her laces.

He noticed her moving towards his side and facing him. This made him a little nervous as he didn't ask her before tying her laces. He got up in an instant and started to move forward without looking back at her.

Asher :

He saw her coming towards him as he was getting of the room. She was wearing a dark blue dress with a black headscarf. He recognized her in an instant. She didn't seem to notice him at first but as she came closer to the room, her eyes landed on him. Their eyes locked together for a second before she lowered her gaze. He sensed her self consciousness which made him lower his gaze too.

"You .." he took a pause before saying "I was not expecting to see you here" he said in a astonishing tone.

"I guess the world is small" she replied nervously.

"I have to go inside" she said and he moved aside to give her space.

This wasn't his first female interaction. He had encountered many interactions with the opposite gender in the past but he didn't know why she always made him extremely anxious. After returning back to the lobby he saw Arhaan sitting in the waiting area.

"How was it buddy?" he asked in a cheerful tone.

"It was good" Asher replied.

"So are we coming back next week ?"

"I'll think about it. I want go home right now" he said to which Arhaan nodded and they both left the hospital.

Andrei :

He saw him sitting on the office chair facing the window while resting his head on the headrest as he entered the office.

"What do you want Andrei?" he asked frustratedly without looking back at him.

"Sir I wanted to tell you something" he said hesitantly.

"Go ahead"

"Sir I'm having a feeling that this girl might cause problems for us. Her actions are extremely suspicious" he said.

"Which girl?" He asked uninterestedly.

"Mihrimah Zaid" he replied.

He instantly moved the chair facing Andrei. "Do you think I am scared of a fragile girl ?" He said furiously looking straight into Andrei's eyes which sent a shiver down his spine.

"That's not what I meant Sir" he said immediately trying to spill water into the wild fire.

"I know " he said with a wicked grin on his face. It looked like he was planning something. He was a strange man. No one was ever able to read his mind. He was the perfect combination of ingeniousness and wickedness.

After returning back from his thoughts he said "Can't you handle a girl ? I don't have the time to waste on a girl. I have a lot more important things to deal with"

"I'm sorry Sir" Andrei said fearfully.

"Now get out and don't bother me with her issues again" he said with a cold expression on his face.

Andrei nodded and left the office instantly.

Author's note :
Assalamualaikum I hope y'all are doing good. I hope you all are enjoying the story.Which direction do you think the story is taking? What do you guys think about the story? How is it? What will happen next according to you?