Chapter 34 // Beacon Hills - Frontotemporal dementia

I sneaked down the stairs, just as I was about to open the front door, I heard someone clearing their throat behind me. 

Spinning around, there were Dean and Sam just dressing up in their new fighting-clothings, which I designed for them so they won't die anytime soon again. 

"You heard that too?" My voice sounded curiously but tired. 

"Yep. And we go together. Noone dies tonight." Sam sounded confidently as we came out of the house, but deciding against any motor-vehicle to avoid being heard or seen. 

We followed Stiles back into the hospital, where he was backed up from some shadow-creatures just like the one I saw before void possessed me, back in New Orleans.  

But they had developed. They had a black armor, which looked somehow like the one Xialing sometimes wore in our training sessions and their appearence was completely smoke, not shadow anymore. 

They circled Stiles, waiting for his first move. But as nothing happened, I froze. 

Someone was sprinting through the halls of the hospital. 

At the same time, one of the Onis raised his hand up to Stiles face, to see, if he was the evil spirit they were searching for. I knew some things about the Onis. I read much in the books I found around Beacon Hills. 

Just in time, before the Oni touched his skin, Stiles hand shot up and catched the hand of the Oni. 

Stiles looked confused at his hand. He didn't move it. Stiles' vision got blurry and it was like he was passing out. 

But I saw, in the shadows of the room we were in, that something changed with Stiles. And out of nowhere, Stiles' hand rammed into the chest of the Oni and ripped out its 'heart' what was just a little, yellow shining, firefly. The Oni vanished in smoke and Stiles slowly opened his fist to look at the firefly. 

Giving up my hiding place, I jumped out of the dark and attacked the other two Onis. But no matter how often my blade ran through them, or how often I broke any of their bones or their neck, they always fought back and looked, like they weren't able to be killed. 

Just as I was about to set my final push with my blades, Stiles turned around and the door was flung open. 

I vanished at the same time as the Onis, hiding in the shadows again as Scott and his dad bursted into the room. 

Next thing I knew, was that they put Stiles into some x-ray machine. 

I was probably the only one that saw, but as soon as Stiles closed his eyes, they rolled around like crazy. And as he opened them again, they had extreme void in them. Not even the lights of the machine reflected anymore. 

The lights started flickering as he rolled his head to both sides to look around. That wasn't Stiles anymore. And one flickering of the lights later, Stiles was gone. 

Lydia, Stiles dad and Scott were with a doctor infront of the monitors of the x-ray of Stiles brain. 

"No ...  this can't be ..." Stiles dad sounded utterly frightened and disturbed. 

The x-ray said, that Stiles had the exact same frontotemporal dementia as his mother. Even the x-ray was the exact same. 

It affected the demeanor of the affected person and changed their personalitys often completely. There was no cure. And after a few months after the diagnosis, death would come and claim you.