Stars

the door opens and howl steps inside, a giddy look on his face. sophie had scrubbed and swept the floors. he glanced at them before looking over at calcifer who turns to sophie passed out on the small wooden chair.

"howl, you need to get rid of her!" markl pleads walking over to the man, "she wont listen to a word, she hasn't stopped all day, she's a terrible old biddy!"

"where is raven?" howl brushes the comments about the old woman away.

"its her monthly blue moon spell, she has been in her room all afternoon" markl mutters, howl hums. "right"

the sound of ravens door opening makes them turn there heads, watching as she walks into the bathroom and walks out a few minutes later, going back to her room. the warm inviting smell of vanilla and mint wafting through the house.

------------

the next morning raven descended down the stairs, sitting in her chair markl walked over with a cup of warm tea. sophie peered over her shoulder, to try and get a look at raven. from what she had heard from both markl and abit from calcifer and howl last night the witch was rather powerful.

"the spell last night was strong, ive been working on a project and I'm just getting close to figuring out the last bits" she spoke, dusting her hands from what looked like glitter, but as it hit the ground it burst into small fireworks of colour.

sophies eyes widen and a small smile slips onto her face. looking at raven, her eyes widen. the woman's skin was practically glowing, her eyes a golden bright hue

"that's good" markl hums, noticing the glint in ravens eyes. "can i get you anything?" he asks throwing some logs onto calcifer. 

"no thank you" raven smiled, markl nods and walks back to the table. 

 "howl went out again" markl spoke and raven nodded, slowly standing from her chair. sophie looked over at her and quickly glanced away, looking down at the plates in her hand. 

-----------

in the next few hours sophie spent cleaning. she cleaned the windows, she cleaned out the sink, and she made markl clear everything off the workbench and the shelves so that she could wash them. She had everything out of the cupboards and down from the beams and cleaned those too.

raven had gone out to town 2 hours ago, in that time sophie had cleared out the chimney, covered the house in soot, and cleaned again. by the time raven returned sophie was in the midst of making some soup.

"i can take over sophie" raven spoke walking over to the board and marking down a small line by her name. "rest, you've been busy all day"

she walked over and took the spoon from sophie, motioning to the chair. sophie nodded and quickly walked away. sitting down and watching as raven mixed a mixture of beef and veg into the large pot.

----------------------

Sophie had discovered a pile of markl's clothes that needed mending. She fetched out thimble, scissors, and thread from her sewing pocket and set to work. markl was up stairs, doing god knows.

after about an hour everyone was down stairs eating, raven was flicking through her spell book, running her finger over markings and reciting them onto the table.

sophie watches as small light sprout from the wood and float up to the celling, the space up there was full of small light circles, popping when they hit each other, sprinkling star dust over the table. 

markl stood up and raven turned from her book, "I'm going to bed" markl hummed,

"alright, see you in the morning" raven ruffled up his hair and he walked past,