A star

2 days later - final ritual night

"would you hurry raven!" yuta playfully scolds, looking at raven who followed after him, she tilted her head and used her magic to push herself up the grassy hill, yuta laughs and wraps his arm around her as she passes.

she lets out a small yelp and wraps her arms around him, they spin and hit the ground. the sky was getting dark, starts started to crate light in the sky, firefly's emerge from the depths of the field, raven laughs, running her hand through the grass, watching as groups of the glowing bugs rise.

yuta takes ravens hand and pulls her to her feet, she stumbles abit but catches herself, Yuta's golden eyes smile towards raven as he takes off again. he had white hair like her's, golden eyes and star specs on his cheeks. 

she pulls her cloak further over her shoulders and follows him.

The marshes smelled of salt and earth. The sea glittered and softly swished to the rear. raven could see, the miles and miles of flatness stretching away in front of them.

What she could see were bands of low bluish mist and pale glimmers of marshy pools, over and over again, until they built into a pale line where the sky started.

The sky was everywhere else, huger still. The Milky Way looked like a band of mist risen from the marshes, and the keen stars twinkled through it.

the pair made there way to the top, yuta dropping down and raven dropping beside him, he smiled and ran a hand through her hair. "i missed you ya know"

"missed you to" raven whispers, lighting the circle of candles around them, yuta watches as she flicks the flame from her finger and sits back down.

one of the stars began to shift, ravens head shot up and yuta jumped back, his eyes following ravens, he smiles and grabs his bag, the pair of them quick to throw there things on the floor.

herbs, crystals, spices, fabrics, everything they were going to need.

the other stars came unstuck from the firmament and darted in a white streaks down the sky. raven and yuta grabbed each others hands.

mumbling the recited spell under there breaths, a low glow emitted from the ground, wrapping around the pair, ravens hair began to slow, a dark black shade, small glints of white, resembling the stars glisten, Yuta's eyes darken and they hold the same stars.

a light wind begins to blow around them, the spell getting louder, a crack of light and ravens body is lifted up, Yuta's hands slip from hers and he looks up towards her, her body gently floating up, streaks of white streak down her cheeks as her body floats higher.

and just as quick as it came it left, ravens body hit the ground and she let out a small groan, her hair fading back, Yuta's eyes follow suit, he kneels beside raven, gently rubbing her back as a dark liquid pours from her lips.

"i think it worked" raven whispered, wiping her mouth clean, she looks to yuta who is smiling towards her. "i think it did" he sits down on his ass and takes ravens hands.

"will i see you next year?" he kisses her palms, she frowns. "leaving already?"

"ive done my job raven" he smiles lowering her palms, his fingers begin to fade, raven hums and looks to yuta, "same time next year?"

"of course" yuta smiles, his body slipping to a white light, glistering and sparking as it shoots up into the night. raven hums and tucks her knees to her chin.

"of course" she repeats. looking up at the star that shoots across the sky. 

--------------------

raven comes back into the castle, howl snaps his head up to look at her. her eyes are shimmering and her cheeks are littered with small fading stars.