28.Realization

Yaksha's POV

'I know you can do this. I know you will be perfect for this. I have my faith on you. Please...please I am begging you. Do.....'

I woke up with a jerk. What was that? A dream? What kind of dream was that?She..she looked like a shadow. I never had this kind of dream before. It was definitely a woman,who was sobbing. I looked up to it was dawn and sultan wasn't around. Did he go for his prayers?

The dream made my throat go dry and croaked. I need some water. I got down then bed and poured myself a glass of water from the clay jar. I was about to go to sleep but then I saw a glimpse of light. Huh? Who was in there?

I approached the light,my anklets from last night making slight noise in the background while my bangles clashed together.The light was coming from the small lamp placed around. And on the desk there,sultan was doing some paperwork with a frustrated look on his face.

I immediately remembered my assignments. Should I be grateful that I don't have to do that anymore? I probably should right?

"Why are you awake so early?"

His voice startled me,making me come out of my trance.

It's so early in the morning.Why does he have to look so good!

"I had a dream." Disturbing dream.

"What dream? Come here." He nodded his head towards him.

I walked towards him. Grabbing the chair next to him I tried to sit on it but before I could he grabbed my wrist pulling me towards him abruptly.

"Wha-" I tried to say but the words went back to my throat as he made me sit ho his lap. My hands clutched his collar as a result of his sudden action as a gasp escaped my lips in surprise.

"I am perfectly capable of sitting in the chair you know?" My voice came out more low than I intended it to.

"I know. But why would I miss any chance of you attached to me,skin to skin? And you look perfect here,on top of me." He tucked a piece of hair falling down on my face.

"Besides why would you sit on the chair when can sit on top of me."

I was literally thunderstruck. The heck he is talking about.

"Humein shamaj nehi aata aapne ye sab sikha kaha se hain. Sach bataiye aapki sach koyi premika nehi thi?"
( I really don't understand from where did you learn all these. Tell me honestly you really didn't have a past lover?)
I teased.

He scoffed. "Why? Are you jealous?"

Shouldn't I be? I am his wife after all. But who will tell him that and boost his ego.

"No. I am curious. You look very experienced."

Also yesterday Bisma was saying I am replacement of hers. I wonder if they had any history? She could be lying too. She is jealous of me I swear.

"Sach bateye toh ek mashuka hain humari. Bohot chahte hain hum unhe."
( If I say honestly I have a lover. I like her very much.)

Have? What does that mean? He still has someone? Even if he's married to me. My face instantly turned into a scowl.

All this,just a lie? A facade?

I started calmly even if my insides were in turmoil,"Who is that? Why did you marry me if you had someone? Didn't I tell you I don't like to share? I am not someone's second choice or option. I don't und-"