45.Fake Words

Rashid's POV

It's been three days since she is lying unconscious like that. In front of my eyes and I am unable to do anything. I have never felt so helpless and alone in life. Not even when my own mother abandoned me with that disgusted look in her eyes.

Even then I had the situation in control but now all I could do was sit and pray about her fast recovery.

I sat there on the prayer mat,begging to my God for her fastest recovery. I couldn't see her like that,lifeless. So that's all I did. Sat in front her and then prayed the other times. But my patience seemed so low these three days.

I don't understand why she hasn't regained consciousness even though the physician said everything was okay now. Her wounds were stitched and the arrow wasn't even poisonous. I folded the prayer mat keeping it aside.

I kneeled in front of her holding her hands I placed a small kiss on her forehead.

"I know how much you love testing my patience but now is not the best time for that begum. You are breaking me from inside. Can't you just wake up now? I swear I won't say a word even if you lied to me or deceived me. I will pretend I never heard what you said. So just draw an end to my misery and come back in my arms Jaan-E-Jaan."

"Rashid." I heard Amir calling me so I stood up drawing the canopy close.

"Yes come inside."

"We have caught the one who attacked her."

The anxiousness in my chest was now replaced with rage and desire to kill someone.Very mercilessly.

"Where is he?" I started exiting the chamber but not before giving the place where she lied,one last look.

Wake up soon my stubborn wife.

"With Raja Saheb's permission we have kept him in the prison here. He is also going there as we are speaking."

I informed him all about it after a day. Everything I knew about them and everything they did. He of course as per as treaty and as my father-in-law decided to help us rather than them. But the major reason was the attack on begum.

"Did he say anything?"

"No. He refuses to talk until it's you."

"Some guts he has."

As soon as reached there the weak man on the ground who was bided by the metal chain seemed to regain some strength.

"F-finally the m-mighty Sultan is h-here." He chuckled while spitting the blood from his mouth.

"You think you are all that huh? I am honestly impressed that you still have the audacity and strength to speak like this. Say,who sent you? Wait I think I know it already. But you have to say it from your own mouth." I spoke lowly.

"You think you know all but you d-don't know anything.You think I fear death? If I-I did then I wouldn't b-be here."

"You don't fear death. That's more impressive.If you didn't work for Raja Vikrant oh no late Raja Vikrant,then I might've hired you. But you know sometimes overconfidence can cause you problem. You aren't afraid but your family must be right?"

Finally the anxiousness started kicking in him. He looked slightly afraid as he shook in fear. I didn't even know if he had family or not but I guess my idea worked.

"W-what do you mean?"

"I won't kill your family of course I am not that cruel.But what I would do is I would make their life a living hell so everyday they pray for their death."