STARBOY | 25

ONCE CHOI MISO AND YANG JUNGWON ARRIVED AT THE COOLER, THE INSTANT SMELL OF CIGARETTE SMOKE AND ALCOHOL MIXED WITH THE LUNCH THAT BELONGED TO THE POLICE OFFICER SAT BEHIND THE FRONT DESK BECAME APPARENT AS THEY WALKED THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR

After the two politely asked to see Niki, a few sly remarks were thrown about him being a 'Meddling Greaser', and as soon as Miso's eyes landed on the Nishimura boy, who sat in a shared cell, leaned against the cemented wall with his head lowered, she felt her breathing hitch.

Instantaneously, Niki's head raised and his eyes met Miso's brown orbs — his ones immediately softening as he stood up and rushed over to the metal bars, placing his hands on them.

"Are you okay, Doll?" Niki asked, looking her up and down for any injury. By now, Miso had stepped closer to the cell and Jungwon shoved his hands in his pockets and leaned against the wall furthest from them, giving the two their space. He didn't want to intrude on a moment like this. "Did you get home alright?"

All Miso could do was sigh and lower her head slightly. She was still upset of course, however just being in the presence of Niki made her want to forgive him, and she hated that he had that affect on her. She should be angry at him and stay angry. Not give in as soon as he's around her, giving her attention, acting like he cared.

"Why did you get drunk, Niki?" She questioned, ignoring his wonders and looking back up at him — her eyes showing the Greaser just how much he'd hurt her.

The Nishimura boy shrugged, fiddling with his fingers through the bars. "I don't know... I just got angry and annoyed with myself..."

It fell silent for a moment as Miso licked her lips and nodded her head, about to part her lips to lecture him about being so stupid, however she was stopped when he spoke up again.

"And I didn't know how to cope with the guilt of hurting you, So." He explained, his voice filled with honesty, easily making Miso's heart pound against her chest.

He needed to stop and she needed to leave.

"I'm sorry, Miso," Niki apologized, his eyebrows softening as he reached out and took her small, delicate hand into his large one. "I truly am, Doll. You gotta believe me..."

"What's done is done, Niki," Miso shook her head, the lump in her throat growing by the minute. She had to do what she had to do, even if it meant it hurt both of them. "Whatever we had going on is over..."

She quickly felt Niki's grip on her tighten a little as he lowered his head, biting down harshly on his plump lips to prevent his true emotions from showing.

He was a lot like Choi Miso in that aspect of life. Despite their differences in wealth and attitude, they still had the same way of dealing with their feelings, and that was by avoiding them in public to not show weakness...