one

beck's pov

i wake up to the sun in my face, the curtains flowing from the wind passing through my open window. 

it's another beautifully sunny day in north carolina. i hear the birds chirping, and the waves crashing on the shore. i get to live by the ocean. one of life's greater pleasures. i stretch my limbs high to the sky, ready to start my morning. i go into the bathroom, washing my face, brushing my teeth, and brushing the knots out of my hair that's definitely full of saltwater and sand. i go downstairs, hoping to make myself a coffee, when i open the fridge to remember i have zero creamer, no milk; which is definitely a sign to get starbucks. i go back upstairs, and i start to get dressed. i throw on a pair of jean shorts, a bikini top, and a crochet top; making this outing an excuse to head to the beach. i slip on my sandals and grab my bag, forgetting the keys and deciding to walk. the fresh air fills my nose and i am instantly at ease. this life here, is amazing. i used to live in boston, with my mom. its not just the cold winters i was glad to get away from. i grew up without my dad around. my mom working a lot to try to keep my sister and i happy. it was mostly just me and maggie. after our mom passed, we went our separate ways. we are still as close as ever, but the only thing keeping us in boston was mom. maggie went to new york for college, and i came here to north carolina. i found a great job here as a journalist, and i am somewhat happy.

 i turn the corner, the coffee shop up ahead on the right. i take a few more steps, and open the door to the shop, the scent enveloping me. i survey the place, its surprisingly quiet, everyone's either on their laptops hard at work, or waiting to get their coffee. i order an iced caramel latte with almond milk and sweet cream cold foam. the door dings, just as it did when i walked in, signaling someone's arrival, i look up to see a man. tall, light eyes, dirty blonde hair. he's one of the most beautiful humans i have ever seen. i am waiting for his girlfriend to walk in behind him, because theres no way a guy that beautiful doesn't have a smoking hot girlfriend. i stand there a while, waiting for my coffee, still no girl. good sign. our eyes meet, he cracks me a slight smile, which could bring anyone to their knees. probably because he felt me staring at him, which i have unknowingly been doing for the last five minutes. the barista calls my name, snapping me out of my trance, and i bolt out of there, and to the beach, trying to hide the embarrassment on my face. 

author's note: 

hi!!! this is the first chapter of back to life! i am still very new to this writing thing and it might not be the best, but i wanted to get my first chapter out there! i can't wait to continue to bring my vision to life. you all have met beck, now i can't wait for you to meet drew! (who you all clearly know) chapter two coming soon. thank you for reading. 

with love, 

cbbloodlines