three

becks pov

oh my god. that was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

 that beautiful man just caught me staring at him, dead in the face. in the middle of a starbucks for god's sake. so glad i will probably never have to see his pretty face again. you know, he probably didn't even think anything of it! i bet he gets girls staring at him all the time. just a normal tuesday for him, every girl in their twenties staring at him! it's genuinely not his fault he's so captivating. it's the dirty blonde messy cut, the ocean blue eyes, his gorgeous smile, and omg am i that desperate?? ugh i need to clear my head. beckham bardot, you need to stop analyzing a fifteen second interaction with a stranger you barely know.

the crashing of the waves snap me out of my thoughts as i sink my feet into the sand. preparing to sit on the beach for a while, i pull out my book and keep sipping my coffee. i am reading a romance novel of course, just like always. it's pretty funny. i love to read about romance and watch it unfold in front of me, but i have never been in a serious relationship. yes, i have had flings and casual hookups, but i don't think i have found anyone to seriously pursue. i turn to page 16 in the book, it's still early on in the story, i think the girl is about to meet her love interest for the first time.

"hey."

a man's voice causes me to lift my head, i turn around. it's the guy from the coffee shop. "hey, how are you?" i reply, because what are you supposed to say to the guy you were just daydreaming about. "i saw you looking around in there, what's your name?" he gives a slight laugh as he says it. oh god, kill me now. i stand up to speak to him face to face. "my name is beck, what's yours?" i reach my hand out to shake his, he grabs mine to return the pleasantries. "drew. you're beautiful by the way." i am actually going to scream. the prettiest guy i have ever seen just called me beautiful. i turn red. what do i even say back?i freeze and i literally start to panic, i can't remember the last time i successfully flirted with a guy i was actually interested in. i just shoot back a quick "thanks," and start to pack up my things. could this get any worse?. i fumbled twice. as i pick up my bag, he grabs my arm, "wait." he says. wow. that was hot. "how about you give me your number, so we can get to know each other better." "okay, of course." i say, thankful he was more courageous than i am because if it was up to me, we would not have gotten this far. i punch the numbers into his phone. he texts me to make sure i got it. i save his name in my phone, and i say my goodbyes. "i'll see you later, drew." i say. "goodbye beck." he says with the biggest shit-eating grin on his face. but i brush it off. he might not even text me again anyway. i start to walk home, replaying the interactions in my head. this is all so new to me. i am usually the one going up to guys and orchestrating casual dates and hookups. something about drew makes me nervous. weak. i can't seem to get him out of my head. which actually sounds crazy. it's definitely not the hopeless romantic romance reader in me talking. i sigh, walking into my house, throwing away my empty coffee cup and setting my phone on the counter. hoping to unwind. my phone dings. i ignore it. then it goes off again, and again, and again. i groan, finally picking it up. but i am happy to see who the texts were from. it's a group chat with all my close friends. they want to go out tonight. some of my friends are back from college, so it should be a good time. i divert from my plans of being lazy for the rest of the day. i doordash some lunch, a quick salad from a restaurant a few blocks from me. it's a cute little restaurant on the beach, called seaside. maggie's friend, sarah opened it after she graduated. they have the best food around. i go to my room, to start to get ready. i hop in the shower, an everything shower, just to probably get shit-faced. oh well, that's girlhood if you ask me. after i get out of the shower, i do my skincare. then i blowdry my hair, and start my makeup. just some natural makeup, which will definitely melt off before the end of the night. my doordash finally comes, so i eat it before i get dressed. i scroll on my phone as i eat, then i notification pops up on my screen. it's a text from drew. i smile a little bit. not getting too excited about a text from a boy. who i just met. "let me take you on a date, tomorrow night. 8. send me your address." "hmm. i will think about it." i reply back. as if i'd ever think twice about going out with him. getting to know him personally would be one of life's greatest pleasures. i can already tell. the three dots appear again in the chat. "8pm, beck." he typed. i chuckle a bit. finishing my food so i can get dressed.

it's hot, i am sweating. the music is insanely loud and the lights are excruciatingly bright. we are at the club, about 15 minutes outside the town i live in. there's definitely no place for a club in carolina beach. my tight black dress is riding up by the second, the music literally shaking my bones. i decide to leave my friends on the dance floor and head over to the bar. my heels clicking on the floor, i head up to the bartender and order, opening a tab for myself. "a manhattan please." he nods and continues on to make my drink. it's busy in here, i pick up my phone to pass the time while he finishes up somebody else's drink. i am currently scrolling, chuckling a little at my current twitter feed. "hey cutie." i hear. i look up to see what kind of jackass i must push away tonight. to my surprise, it's the pretty blonde that i almost fumbled earlier. "hello drew. what are you doing here?" he's a little tipsy, i can tell. he comes in closer. his crystal blue eyes are a little glossy, a little darker than normal. he puts his hand on my waist. i gladly entertain his harmless little antics. "bachelor party, my sister's getting married." he says i giggle a little as he slightly slurs his words. i am about to say something when he oh so politely interrupts my thoughts, "you're looking gorgeous tonight. have you thought anymore about that date?" i smile. "nope." he laughs at me. like the cutest puppy you've ever seen. how can he be so cute, even when he's borderline drunk. i can tell he likes the game. i try to resist but i pull out a pen from my clutch, something i always carry with me, just like my grandma taught me.i tell him to give me his hand. he gladly gives it to me. 72 meyer drive. i scribble my address on it, hoping he will forget all about this interaction in the morning. i kiss him on the cheek, a little goodbye. the bartender comes over to us and hands me my drink. i pick up my manhattan and thank him. i head over to my friends, leaving him without another word. ready to celebrate being with all my friends tonight. 

a/n!: 

hi! thanks for reading another chapter! sorry its so short. i am not the best with dialogue but i am hoping to develop over time so bare with me. i hope you're loving diving in to beck's character. <333