𝗶𝗶. 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆

IDALIA FELT LIKE A PEICE OF LETTUCE

IDALIA FELT LIKE A PEICE OF LETTUCE. A piece of lettuce squished between two slices of bread.

To the right, her father rested. His light blonde hair flowed in the soft light coming from a lamp in the corner of the room. A smile adorned his aging face. Someone (most likely her mother) had commented on a smudge that decorated his wired glasses. Dark eyes peeked out through dirtied lenses.

Lia loved her father more than any one else in the world. She wanted to be like him in every way. It's not that she didn't love her mother, but no one understood her as completely as her father.

He worked long hours at a steel company, always returning home exhausted and ill. However, he made the effort to take care of his daughter. Every single time. Every single day.

At gymnastic meets and softball games, he's cheer louder than all in attendance. It was embarrassing, but secretly she loved it.

Dalton Townsend was her favorite person.

To her left was the younger Kelce boy. He was tall. Lanky. Buzzed brunette hair. What stood out were his eyes.
They were undoubtedly hazel. But they were also undoubtedly green. They were undoubtedly... Pretty.

Giselle had offered for the Kelces to stay over and have dinner with them, as a thanks for being so welcoming. Donna Kelce had happily accepted the invitation.

Lia's gaze shifted from her left, to directly ahead.
Jason Kelce reminded her of a bear. Wether it be a grizzly or teddy, she didn't yet know.

The senior looked up and questioned, "Lia, you're a gymnast. Right?"

Lia nodded.
"Yeah. I do artistic gymnastics. It's the kind you see at the olympics." Jason listened with great interest.

"The city has some pretty good gyms for that." The 'city' was Cleveland.

"Travis told me about something like that. I'll have to check it out, but hopefully I can find a competitive team in the area."

"Like I said, there's bound to be at least one in the city. Trav also said you play softball."

Lia glanced at the boy next to her. His face was relaxed as he listened to their mom's riveting conversation on soap operas. "I do, but gymnastics is my main focus. Softball helps me get better at quick decisions. I play at first usually."

Conversations flowed effortlessly throughout the room, as people at various amounts of pepperoni pizza. The night ended in a quiet farewell, as the Kelces made the short walk to their own home.

{{{{{{{{{{•}}}}}}}}}

Lia wore a white sweatshirt that had the Olympic rings embroidered on the breast, and skin tight leggings. Her hair crashed (rather than flowed) in frizzy curls begging to be pinned up in a bun. Red converse adorned her feet.