Up In Flames

3rd person omniscient

Jax woke up, yawning. He was determined to get the new girl. Little did he know, it wasn't going to be hard...

Pomni was in her room, sitting on the edge of her bed. She wished she could wear anything but the red and blue pinwheel jester clothes, but it didn't seem to be an option...She got up at last and decided to go see the others. Jax, Ragatha, and all the others were already there.

"So, today I thought we would try something new with our new jester girl here," Caine said, casting a little side glance at Pomni. He led her to a room.

"Now, all you have to do is light a bunch of rings on fire and jump through them. Easy as that." Pomni stared. How the hell was she gonna do that? Nevertheless, she did as she was told. She lighted the ring and readied herself to jump through it.

"Okay, this is easy, I can fit through, this is large enough," she told herself while taking a breath. She ran and jumped. As soon as she had gotten both her feet off the ground, she tried to turn back, but it was too late. As she leaped through the flaming ring, she got burns over her arms and waist. Gasping and blinking back tears, she blew out the fire.

"Oh, that's just a small burn. Jax can fix it. How about you two go to the bathroom and get this sorted?" Caine said, gesturing at Jax who was now peering through the doorway. Caine seemed not to know what they were about to do...

Pomni pov

Oh, so I was gonna be in the bathroom with this tall cute guy outside. I could feel myself blushing furiously as he locked eyes with me and gave me another one of his crazy fun grins. He led me to the trans bathroom. Apparently, they had it because Zooble is trans. Huh. Who could've guessed? As I locked myself in, Jax passed me the spare clothes (that were not burnt, by the way) and I put them on. When I opened the door, Jax pushed me back inside the bathroom and locked the door behind him. He leaned in. I was blushing so hard, he was only a few centimetres away, now he was three, two, one...

"Hey, what's taking you two so long?" Caine called in his usual cheerful voice. "Ya haven't got all day, ya'know." We leaped apart and, looking harrassed, left.

Jax pov

"Oh, man, that was sooooo close. If only I had been a bit faster..."I thought, pacing my bedroom. I would have to resort to plan B. The one flaw with it; it doesn't exist. At least not yet. I sat down, pondering how to get that girl, Pomni. Damn she was cute, and she seemed to like me too..."Shame she got burned in that ring. I'm gonna kill Cocaine," I said, still thinking up a plan B.

I thought this would be ironic because they both go up in flames in a way; literally and metaphorically. I won't blame u if u find this cringe.