Chapter 7

The next few mornings, Jiang Cheng would often sees Han Shou whenever he looks. Coincidentally, he would occasionally be bumped onto him. At first, he found it strange, but brushed it off as he was busy for his soon wedding with his soon to-be husband.

Unbeknownst to him, Han Shou took an interest in him from the first day he saw him. He would follow Jiang Cheng like a lunatic and made it look like a coincidence.

Lan Xichen on the other hand, is...not in good shape. You see, since that day when two teenagers claimed to be his and Jiang Cheng's ‘children’, both teen seem to be either ignoring him or avoiding him at any change they can get. This made him feel left out.

Madame Lan ordered Lan Xichen to fetch Jiang Cheng as they were going to talk about the preparation for his wedding with the young Jiang, when he heard a loud laugh. He followed the loud noise and it lead him to the back of the mountain.

There, he saw Jiang Cheng with Mingxia and Jingyi. He unconsciously smiled seeing Jiang Cheng smile and having a good time, “Beautiful....” ,he muttered under his breath.

After realizing what he just said, he blushed and tries to fix his composure. He was about to call Jiang Cheng when he heard another familiar male voice. He hid and listened.

“If you aren't betrothed to the First Jade, I would literally marry you."

This sentence made Lan Xichen's heart sank for no reason. He felt angry, he felt sad, he's feeling emotions that shouldn't be there in his heart in the first place.

He peeked and saw the person talking earlier. It was Han Shou, his childhood friend.

“Oh please, I'll be glad to help you to break off the engagement between my parents, Uncle.”, Mingxia butted in with her signature crossed arms and rolled her eyes. Han Shou and Jingyi laughed out loud, making their voices echoed in the place. Meanwhile, Jiang Cheng just chuckled.

Lan Xichen's eyes shrunk, part of his heart aches. So, without any thoughts he left the place, spacing out. He came back to his mother.

Madame Lan, “Oh, A-Huan. Where's A-Cheng?”

Lan Xichen, “...”

“A-Huan? Are you alright?”

“...”

“Lan Huan!”

!!! “Ah-!  Uh..Oh! A-Niang...”

“Are you alright, Son?”, Madame Lan asked with full of concern.

Lan Xichen, “Uh..Yes! Sorry, what were you asking earlier?”

Madame Lan grinned with one eyebrow lifted. “I was asking, where A-Cheng is.”, she looked at his son, who's acting weirdly.

“Oh, he said he's not feeling well. Maybe we can talk about the preparation tomorrow morning?”, Lan Xichen.

Before she could say anything, Lan Xichen bid farewell and left for his own quarters.

Madame Lan stared where his son walked off, she just sighed and said, “*sigh*, when will you learn, my son...”

Lan Xichen keeps tossing on his bed, his own mind keeps repeating the time Jiang Cheng died. He decided to go out for some fresh air. He walked around without realizing that he was in front of Jiang Cheng's old  quarters.

Lan Xichen, “What am I doing...”, he said before turning around to left the place.

A voice suddenly spoke, “Exactly. What are you doing here?”

He turned around and saw Mingxia approaching him. “A-Xia... I was just walking around here. I was about to leave.”

Mingxia just hummed in response and bowed in return. She turned around to proceed inside her mother's old quarter, when Xichen spoke.

“Wait, A-Xia!”

She looked at her father, “What is it, Father?”, she addressed. But Xichen felt the anger inside her words.

Lan Xichen felt hurt that his own daughter doesn't want to talk to him. “Why...Why do you hate me?”, he asked with his head bowed, not wanting to look at his own daughter's eyes.

Upon hearing the question, Mingxia felt dumbfounded. After a while, Mingxia scoffed at the ridiculous question, “You are asking why I hate you? For a title 'Zewu-Jun' you sound stupid. Act like how your title resembles you.” she said then attempted to leave.

Lan Xichen, “A-Xia, as your father I need–”

Mingxia looked at her father with murderous eyes, “As MY FATHER?! HAH! You call yourself as a Father when you can't act like one?! Who are you fooling!? You badly wanna know why I hate you to the bone?

I'll recite each one of the reasons then. You're the reason why Mother is not with me right now! YOU NEVER CARED FOR US, EVEN ONCE!”, she teared up.

“That's not true! I always cared for you–”, he retorted.

“BULLSHIT! You never spend time with us! Us your family! You're always with that little midget sworn brother of yours! I wish he was the one who died instead of Mother, Oh wait! He's the killer!”

Suddenly, something snapped at Lan Xichen. He tackled his own daughter on the ground. “DON'T YOU DARE SPOKE ILL OF A-YAO! HE'S BEEN WITH ME THROUGH MY WHOLE LIFE!”

Mingxia caught by shock, she struggled to remove her father on her. “Go Ahead! Kill me just like how that son of a prostitute killed your own WIFE!”, she kept on tapping to her father's arms to break free.

With the unexplainable strengths of a Lan, Mingxia failed to break free. Fortunately, someone came.

“Lan Xichen! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR OWN DAUGHTER!?! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL HER?!”, Wei Wuxian shouted.

Lan Xichen came back to his senses, upon realizing what he just did, he turned pale and his knees went weak. Lan Wangji supported his brother's body as it was about to collapse.

“I..I– I didn't m-mean to...! I-I'm sorry!”, he tries to explain with trembling body.

Wei Wuxian helped his niece to get up. He carried Mingxia who just fainted in shock and fear. His eyes turned red in rage.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Lan Xichen.. You tried to kill your own daughter?! Have you lost your goddamn mind!? YOU ALREADY LOST YOUR WIFE, YOU ALSO WANT YOUR DAUGHTER TO LEAVE YOU!?”, he yelled. His voice echoed in the whole place.

“I can't believe you would do this to your own flesh and blood.”, then he turned around and went inside Jiang Cheng's old quarter to take care of his niece.

Lan Xichen tried to go after Wei Wuxian but his body failed him. His body slammed to the ground. He just sobbed.

Lan Wangji, “Xiong-zhang. Get up.”

Lan Xichen keep sobbing his eyes out. “Wangji...tell me what part did I go wrong. All I did was to love...”

All Lan Wangji did was just stand and listen to his brother's cry.

“Tell me, where did I go wrong...”

Lan Xichen woke up from a nightmare, desperately gasping for air. “What is that...”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to vote or comment ( ◜‿◝ )♡

-BoysLoveaddict0506(◍•ᴗ•◍)💙❤️