𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

WARNINGS: MATURE CONTENT, REFERENCE TO SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND ED'S.

ARRIVING at Saltburn took a couple of hours, the sunset and the nighttime breeze blasted through Northamptonshire. Calypso hadn't slept, she spent her time texting her family, informing them of her whereabouts. Car games were played until Farleigh fell asleep. Felix and Calypso then sat in comfortable silence, she played with his ring-clad fingers until they rocked up to the vast estate.

Farleigh abruptly sat up like he knew they'd arrived and quickly exited the car, with the other two in tow, not thinking about their suitcases and belongings just their comfortable beds. The colossal doors swung open before either of them could knock revealing a beady-eyed man who lived and breathed the Saltburn.

"Good evening Mr Catton, Mr Start and Miss Danforth," Duncan's wry smile didn't dare reach his empty eyes. "Welcome home and welcome back."

"Thanks, Duncan," Felix said tiredly, greeting the butler with a nod as the trio dragged themselves through the archaic building filled with more artefacts than the country's museums.

Great paintings hung on even greater walls, showcasing the generations that stepped foot on the land. The same people who would've rather seen Calyspo and Farleigh slaving away than being treated like their equals.

"Night," Farleigh muttered as he carried his feet towards his room, leaving Calypso and Felix to yawn and stroll.

Their rooms were on opposite sides of the house, separated by yards of wooden planks and a spiralling staircase. She preferred that distance to how she felt wondering the lonely halls of her Upton estate. She was close to someone here, many someones and that was enough. Saltburn was a place where she didn't belong, but Felix pulled her in and made her feel like she was protected from the world he was born into.

"You have to share a bathroom with him?" she tiredly asked, irked that Oliver was only next door to Felix.

He hummed, "The other one is on the other side of the house. It's the least I can do."

"So I can't walk around naked when I'm coming to see you?" she quietly teased.

He snickered, "Of course fucking not. Well, not when he's there."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead, before letting her go.

"Night night Lix."

"Sweet dreams."

___

It only took seconds before Calyspo swanned into breakfast for her to be overwhelmed by the presence of Lady Elspeth Catton.

"Oh, how beautiful you look. And these braids," she gushed, wide eyes analysing every part of Calyspo's face, "I once had them when I went to Jamaica, your mother was there, didn't I darling?" she turned to her husband who nodded along.

"You did. Absolutely splendid," Sir James grinned.

"They weren't for me, too tight."

"Too white," Farliegh mumbled as he read through his newspaper.

"I think they're nice," Venetia hugged the girl, "I bet the blokes at Oxford jumped at the chance to talk to you."

"They did, didn't they Felix?" Farleigh jabbed, turning the page.

Felix hummed, barely shooting a glance his cousin's way, deciding to focus on his eggs and stuffing his face until his mother insisted he slow down or he would choke.