Chapter 2: Kill The Insurrection

Snow and wind fell upon the already frozen North like a hail of arrows falling upon a mass of enemies. Despite being apart of the Empire from the very beginning over a millennia ago, the North was still very much a frontier that was little explored by its southern overlords. Apart from a few scattered forts that garrisoned no more than a few hundred men for 12-month rotations, the Empire had very little presence in the North.

On a map, it was a massive, frozen tundra spanning thousands of leagues covered in snow all year-round. Parts of the north experienced no sun at all during certain parts of the year, but sunlight was still very finite for the rest of the land. Its vastness and its harsh environment left the north sparsely populated.

Although the Empire kept no official census on the North's population, its population was estimated to be just short of 200,000 people. Most of the people in the North lived among scattered clans and tribes that numbered in the hundreds if not thousands.

With the harsh weather that was ongoing, the whole Northern capital of God's Frost was on alert. However, God's Frost was less of a city and more of a series of stone structures and dwellings with many of them wedged between mountains and plateau sides. Everyone had spent their day preparing for an imminent invasion by their foes, the Imperial Army. Everyone was to do their part, including one deformed six year old boy named Percii.

From the ancient temple's watchtower he observed all kinds of people; men, women, children, old, and young assemble barricades that were to be sent to the defensive lines at the outskirts of God's Frost. The North's Crown Prince, and "Hero of the North", Numa Seika had declared the temple to be his new home, and God's Frost, the capital of the North. The barricades were nothing too advanced, just logs carved into spikes and fastened together.

Percii felt relieved this was not to be his task due to his deformities, but instead, he was to now serve the whims of his new master, the Crown Prince himself, a person who would never be a hero to him, but instead was responsible for the death of the one hero he had, his father. But now with an even more vicious foe approaching, Percii was left no choice but to rally behind the man who was responsible for his father's death, a choice he disliked, but accepted with grace.

Several months ago, Percii was the son of Ernno, Chief of the temple guards who served the North's previous overlord, the Provincial Governor of The North, Niilo Tesak. That all changed after Niilo was declared a puppet of the Empire and allowed bureaucrats from the south to come and mine for silver and diamonds when reserves were found in the North. Numa and his clan raised their flag in rebellion, quickly subjugating most of the other clans and tribes in unprecedented speed and then marched on God's Frost. After taking the God's Frost, he had the Tesaks executed along with their soldiers and servants, but Percii was a spoil to him.

After observing the barricades being erected for sometime, Percii shifted his gaze to the mountains overlooking the ancient city. Although it was getting dark out with already low-visibility, he swore he could see the approaching Imperial Army making their way through the passes with some trying to set up position. The thought of God's Frost being the sight of yet another battle so soon filled him with dread. Percii then made his way back down the tower's winding stairwell, preferring to play in his room to pass time.

Percii stood just under four feet tall at 45 inches tall, he could possibly be taller, but was afflicted with poor posture in addition to his deformities. His feet were webbed, on his right hand he only had four fingers which he was born with. There was a large, patchy port-wine birthmark above his left eye that also contained a few mole-sized lumps making the left side of his forehead, making it appear rugged. The birthmark also extended to his eye-socket region making it look like he had a black-eye. Percii also had a tiny, but noticeable cleft-lip and a snubbed nose. Apart from his deformities, Percii had messy, and dark-green poofy hair of medium length and snake-like eyes that were yellow in color. Beneath his eyes, he had a significant collection of small freckles. Percii was also thin and frail.