Chapter 3: Kill The Trial [Part 1]

The jail cells below the Imperial Guard barracks were dark and dank in contrast to the light and liveliness of the barracks and Capital as a whole. Stone floors, stone walls, the place was dimly lit with scattered torches being held along the walls. The door to each cell was wooden, but secured with metal locks and hinges with a barred window to peer in. But into the barracks, one well dressed and cleanly cut man sought access. That man was known as Bach.

Bach was fairly handsome with light brown hair that was mistakenly blond in appearance and side-fringe in shape. He had amber eyes, a hawk nose and a pleasant smile. Bach stood at above average height at 5'11. For a build, he was on the muscular side, with prominent abs and arm muscles, but was not a body builder by any means. His shape was hidden away under his attire which consisted of a formal, orange-brown trench coat, purple and white pin-striped shirt, matching tie for his coat and black suspenders that matched his pants. His shoes were formal oxford, and likewise black in color, but leather in material. As he walked, he carried a dark brown briefcase.

What made Bach stand out however was his position. Bach was the Minister of Justice, the Empire's top law practitioner. He oversaw the Ministry of Justice and the Crown League of Justice and Law, an umbrella league consisting of the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Public Administration, and Ministry of Social Policy. In addition to this position, he was also the Grand Prosecutor. And as Grand Prosecutor, he was weeks away from taking on one of his biggest cases yet, the trial of Numa Seika, a rebellious Northern warlord defeated by the Imperial Army a little over a month and a half previously. But he was not at the Imperial Guard's barrack cells to see the Prince himself, but someone rather close to him.

Arriving before the entrance that lead to the cells stood two guards at the door, and a guard at the desk. The guard at the desk was flanked by large man and a smaller young woman or teenage girl, both glad in the Imperial Police's Elite Guard signature armor.

"Here comes our guest of honor", the large man said.

Bach then stopped before the guard at the desk. Bach leaned forward and bowed his head.

"A pleasure to see you again, Captain Ogre", Bach said to the large man.

"Meh, I think we can dispense with the pleasantries", Ogre responded.

Ogre truly lived up to his name, being a brute of man who appeared to be in his 40s. Hulking at around 6'6, he had arms, legs, and a chest built like a fortress made of pure muscle. He had a short, military-style haircut, being dark brown in color, but strips of graying hair by his side burns. Ogre's facial appearance was the most frightening thing about him. His left eye was missing and left a very visible star-shaped wound he left uncovered. His other was black with a red pupil. Ogre had stubble around his face, but his teeth were sharp like a monster's.

The younger woman with him had long auburn hair in a ponytail that nearly came down to the ground. Her eyes were amber in color. She had prominent dimples on her cheeks as well as prominent cheekbones and a narrow chin. This girl appeared to be in her early to mid 20s and wore identical armor as Ogre did. Despite the rather bleak environment of their dank and inhospitable cells best suited for the least deserving, this girl nonetheless displayed a rather eager and optimistic look on her face as if she was enjoying every minute of her job. She seemed like a "true believer" of sorts. The girl then looked at Bach as if happy to see him.

"Seryu Ubiquitous at your service, Minister Bach! As Minister of Justice I hope to one day serve you in our common cause of making the evil doers and scoundrels within our Empire answer for their crimes!'' she said excitedly holding her hand out to be shaken.

Bach took her hand and shook it. As the Minister of Justice he of course held the power to prosecute anyone, and it was for this reason few people were happy to see him, so it was a bit surreal to see a young member of the Imperial Police's Elite Guard eager to see him.