Chapter 5: Kill The Trial [Part 3]

The trial of Numa Seika was winding down with one last high-profile witness, his own brother. On that day, the court proceedings began as normal, the testimony for another witness wrapped up shortly. Numa was merely slumped over. This all changed when the one name was announced.

"The prosecution will call Kuma Seika to the stand..." Bach announced.

With that announcement, Numa's eyes shot wide open with the blood beginning to boil in his brains, grinding his teeth almost immediately. He was also shaking quite visibly, with his counsel whispering at him to calm down and not to do anything stupid, however one could tell even from a distance that Rugi's words would fall on deaf ears. Kuma then made his way to the stand, but as soon as he passed by the defense's desk, hell nearly broke loose.

"Traitor! You back-stabbing little shit! I'll have your head for this!" Numa loudly exclaimed at Kuma. He then bust out of his seat and charged at Kuma. Kuma was taken off guard and had little time to react with Numa landing a shove, but most of it was held back as his counsel and the court bailiff tried their hardest to restrain him.

"Get the fuck off me, man!", Kuma cried out. By that time however, the room erupted into cries of shock as they were dazed by the spectacle. Judge Gray furiously banged his gavel and called for order, but his voice was drowned in the chorus that engulfed the room. The judge called out for order again, this time with the other judges and court officers doing their best to silence the overzealous crowd. It took them a good minute to do so.

"Numa Seika. You have just assaulted a witness. And not just any witness, your own brother. Have you no shame?" Judge Gray asked.

"Have I no shame? This cowardly weasel has betrayed me, his own brother! He is the one who ought to have shame! I ought to disembowel him where he stands, the fucking -"

"Enough!" Judge Gray interrupted. "It appears this testimony will be the most contentious. Judging by the reaction of the accused. I hereby order him shackled and gagged.

Court officers then fought Numa as he tried to resist having his hands and feet bound in heavy chains and a rag stuffed into his mouth. After about another minute he finally gave up as the officers succeeded. When they were done they cleared the room. Numa then did nothing but give an angry death stare at his younger brother as he took the bench and swore to tell the truth. It did not take long for Bach to begin his questioning.

Kuma started from the beginning where his clan, their allies, and other clans voiced opposition to the proposed mining project in the North. They initially peacefully petitioned the Tesaks to do what they could to prevent the Empire from moving forward, but they refused. When it was discovered the Tesaks would be able to pocket a certain percentage from the project for themselves, Numa concluded the only way they could stop the Empire was by separating from it. The clans opposed to the Tesaks then crowned him the Crown-Prince of the North and began by attacking the Imperial Army garrison in the North. After that, the Seikas and their allies split their forces into two. While the Tesaks and their closest allies would then directly attack God's Frost, their other allies would subjugate clans that opposed Numa's rule and/or remained loyal to the Empire.

As Kuma testified, he tried to ignore his brother's hate-filled death glare at him. While avoiding to look at his eyes, he still felt them, eating away at him. Still determined, Kuma continued on explaining Numa's crimes from his unique perspective. Being he was Numa's brother, he often witnessed other crimes no one else witnessed. Kuma testified that it was Numa who not only ordered, but oversaw the murder of the Tesaks and their household. Numa also ordered and carried out mass executions of captured Imperial soldiers from the garrisons. Kuma further stated Numa did not expect the Empire to send formidable reinforcements to the North until the civil war with the Revolutionary Army was complete. He was also further stunned when they sent General Esdeath, and that like her, most of the men in her army were also Northerners. He became even more determined to defeat them because he viewed Northerners fighting against a sovereign North as traitors. And should be dealt with accordingly.

Akame Ga Kill - Negative Universe: A House Dividedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें