【Feels like Home】

warnings: spicy/dirty scene (not smut)

"it'll take some time to adjust," you said sympathetically. "it's not like you'll be so used to having a mass like that inside of you."

he smirked at you, crossing his arms over his chest, "i know what mass will be inside of you late-"

you cut him off by putting your hand over his lips. "h-hey! not now! we just got home!"

"so?" he kissed your palm and held your wrist so it was cupping his cheek. "now's the perfect time for us to have some quality time. i feel like a brand new person."

"but kuni-"

"don't 'but kuni' me, Y/N," he said firmly, closing the door behind you and pinning you against it. one hand pressed your waist against it, while the other hand was right by your head. "i want to do it."

never in your relationship had he openly said he wanted to do it. he'd just flirt with you or somehow manage to snake his hand up your shirt and one thing led to another before he'd have you bent over a desk, in bed, pressed against the wall, or something of the sort.

but not this time.

"... you really must have changed," you said softly.

he ignored your words, nipping at your neck while both his hands held your waist. your hand moved to the back of his neck, pressing his face closer to your neck while a soft whimper left your lips.

"there we go," he said, breath ghosting against your skin. "that's the sound i want to hear. i better not hear anything else coming from your lips, got it?"

you nodded, but then he slapped your ass in a commanding way which made you jolt in surprise and arousal.

"use your words."

"g-got it," you replied.

maybe it was because of scaramouche's eagerness, but it felt even more intimate than ever. the way you two connected felt even deeper than physical, but scaramouche could feel his heart connect to yours. he felt so close to you, and he took it slower that day just because he couldn't even feel like he could go roughly with you right now. all you could feel was his love and affection for you.

unlike his usual rough and hard rounds, he made you take it inch by inch, rolling his hips slowly as he held onto you tight. your hands were on his back as he claimed you in the bedroom. he took it slow, every single stroke filled with warmth.

afterward, the two of you lay in bed together, tangled in the sheets. scaramouche's arm was used as your pillow, and you were dozing off.

"so?"

you looked up at him, "hm?"

"did you feel anything different," he asked.

"you didn't re-arrange my guts today?"

he facepalmed with his other hand and sighed, making you laugh.

"not what i meant," he said, suppressing a chuckle at your joke.

"oh please, you love it when i joke like this."

"... no. now answer my question," he said, trying to be stern and hiding how much he loved the banter.

"well... it felt more... intimate, i guess. don't get me wrong, it always feels like we're close but... that was on a whole other level."

"i felt the same."

"you did? that's why you went slower, huh," you asked him.

he nodded, "is... is this how you feel whenever we have sex, Y/N? this connection..."

"for me, it's probably stronger than what you feel due to hormones. you might not have those, but it's a similar concept," you replied, looking into his indigo irises.

he nods, deep in thought. "i get it." then scaramouche nuzzles against you, laying small neck kisses on your hickey-covered skin.

you hugged him tight, a content sigh leaving your lips as you felt the arm that was under your head come and wrap around you comfortably. 

"i love you," he blurts before he can think.

you smile at him, "i love you too, kuni."

he turns away, a little embarrassed that he said that so suddenly. it came out of left field, but the words rang true. scaramouche simply kissed your temple and held you tight as his eyelids got heavy. he saw you yawn and let out an amused breath, a small smirk on his face.

"tired?"

"yeah," you said softly. 

"i didn't even go that hard, Y/N," he said, suppressing a chuckle.

"yeah well, it oddly felt more tiring. look at you! your eyes are all droopy!"

"shh... go to bed," he said, kissing you quickly on the lips. "you're being too annoying."

you huffed, knowing he's only saying that to get on your nerves. "you can't talk to your wife like that!"

"i just did," he said with a cheeky grin, sticking his tongue out playfully.

you scoffed, "rude! i thought i was special since you've been nicer to me lately!"

"i'm less rude with you than i am with others. don't you remember how i was before we began dating?"

you rolled your eyes, "oh my lord how can i possibly forget?"

he flicked your forehead, "don't mock me! i'm your husband!"

"and i'm your wife!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"... let's go to bed."

"yeah," you agreed, then laughed and pecked him on the lips. "goodnight."

"sleep well, Y/N."

"i love you."

"i love you too," he replied naturally, kissing you again before your eyes closed.

and right before you drifted off to sleep, you could hear him faintly say something else.

"... i'll love you always and forever."

no matter where you both were, home was where the heart was. and his heart - both of them -  were with you.