AA V1 Alagore, Chapter 6

"Dear Josephine; I left this letter by "your" horrible looking expensive nightstand that you know I adore. I know we talked yesterday afternoon that I will be gone for a while, but I felt the need to write this.

I know this has never been easy for you. Going to bed together and then waking in the morning, finding that you are alone. It is my job, my purpose in life but I do understand the stress it causes you and our children. You have always been an amazing wife and I think about you all the time.

You already know this, I cannot say where I am going and for how long, but I could tell that you knew this was going to be different. The things I am about to witness and endure will change everything we see in the world, which is making me question... things.... But I know I can handle the adventure we are going on because I know you believe in me.

Tell Ellen that when I come back, we will go dress shopping. The entire weekend. Axel, tell him he is the Man of the house and that I am entrusting him to keep things stable. I wish I could be there to finish working on our fixer-up car. And please, tell our children that I love them, and I hope one day they will understand why I must leave. Why I must go.

My dear wife, I love you and will see you soon." – Staff Sergeant Kurt Forest

March, 4th, 2048 (Military Calendar)

Military VIP Quarters

Peterson Space Force Base, Colorado, United States

*****

Fraeye Holiadon stared out of this large window that overlooked this military installation of this strange world, being nothing like she imagined. There were buildings everywhere. Strange-looking flying machines are moving across the skyline. Bulky vehicles moving along the streets. What seemed more impressive was that commonfolk were utilizing such wonders. Everything was covered in snow, giving a natural feeling.

Staring out and seeing everyone moving around, she concluded that Ryder was correct. Everyone on Altaerrie, or Earth as they called it, were like Lats. There were no other types of humans or other species that she had grown accustomed to on Alagore. A belief that never crossed her mind before coming here.

Fraeya heard a knock on the door; not wanting to be rude as she was a guest in their world, she informed them that they could enter. Hearing the door open, she expected more military personnel to ask her questions which had been nearly non-stop. Still, to her surprise, one man entered the room. Someone she was familiar with but only in passing, being from Ryder's team, Comanche. The man began to speak, but she couldn't understand what he said.

Fraeya held her hand out to silence him as she pressed the dark red amulet on her clothing strap. "There, can you understand me?"

"Wow, I understand what the boss man meant," the Comanche soldiers said. "That is a strange feeling."

"So, you are a friend of the captain?" Fraeya asked.

"His name is Mathew; Captain is just his rank," the Comanche soldier said.

She felt a sense of embarrassment as she had already screwed up their naming culture. "I am sorry, I meant no insult."

The man laughed, commenting that they called him worse out of jest. He then reached out his hand, which confused her.