Chapter 80 "From This Moment"

*The months went by. Nat was still in the hospital because he was getting more & more sick. Mitchie, Shane's girlfriend, was nearing her due date. Shane knew that his father wanted to see his grandchildren just before he died. To make his father's dying wish to come true, it didn't have to take him very long to make it happen.*

                                                                           *Shane's P.O.V.*

I walked into Mitchie & I's bedroom. Mitchie was already asleep. I took off my shirt, turned the lights off, & cuddled up behind my pregnant girlfriend. It wasn't long until I felt her warm hands shaking me.

"Shane, wake up," she said.

I opened my eyes. "What's wrong, babe?"

Mitchie looked at me. "I think my water just broke."

"Wh-What?" I asked. "I thought you weren't due until next week?"

"Shane, TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL!" she said, then she squeezed my hand tightly.

"Okay, okay!" I said. "I'll call my parents, too!"

"Shane, we haven't got any time!" she said, breathing heavily. "OW!"

"This'll just take a second!" I said.

*With Kenzie & Nat.*

                                                                     *Nat's P.O.V.*

I spent, yet another day in the hospital. Today, I was weighed by one of the nurses. It turns out that I'm now one hundred twenty-eight pounds. I couldn't blame myself for not eating anything. Whenever I do eat, I throw everything up. Anyways, after I was weighed, Jason & his boyfriend, Luke, came by to see me. After they had left, it was just Kenzie & I again. Then before I knew it, it was time for bed. At around midnight, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Shane's picture showed up on the screen.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Dad," said Shane. "Mitchie's water broke, so I just wanted to let you know that we're on our way to the hospital now."

"Shane, hurry up!" yelled Mitchie.

"She's in a lot of pain, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah," he said. "I gotta go. I'll see you in a little while!"

"Okay," I said, then I hung up the phone.

Well, this was it. I am going to live to see my first grandchildren. I can't even say how excited I am to see them. I just want to hold them, & bond with them. I want them to remember me, not from being in the hospital for the rest of my life. But, for always being there for my family, & all of the great times I've had in my life, like meeting my wife for the first time, getting engaged, then marriage, then having our own family together. Oh, I just can't wait to see my grandchildren!

I saw Kenzie walk into my room again. "What are you doing up?" she asked.

"I just got a call from Shane," I said. "Mitchie's water broke!"

"Really?" she asked. "That's awesome! Your wish will come true, Nathaniel."

"Did they ever tell us what the genders were?" I asked.

"I don't think so," she said. "I think they wanted it to be a surprise."

"Cool," I yawned. 

Kenzie smiled. "Would you like me to sing to you again?"