Chapter Three: Near Death

you know what? i lied i'm sorry guys.. indominus either next chapter or the chapter after. lets get to know the characters a little better. btw this is just actusl stuff that happened in the movie mostly.

+

"So, you train the sea monster?" Owen asked, obviously trying to make conversation at the breakfast table. I glared at him for a moment. I hated when people didn't know her correct name. It wasn't their fault that I had actually went to college and studied dinosaurs and actually knew the names and they didn't; but still. Sea monster?

I huffed and rolled my eyes. "She's a mosasaur, and her name is Sage."

Owen chuckled. "Sage? Wow that's- Oh you're serious," he mumbled as I sent him the death stare and crossed my arms over my chest. He cleared his throat. "Nice name."

I rolled my eyes and walked into my room to fix my hair and change. "Hey Owen?" I called. He responded with a,'what?' and I yelled,"Messy bun or down?"

The door to my small room flew open and Owen glanced at me as I jumped. "Messy bun, even though it already looks fine."

"Christ, Owen!" I mumbled, holding my hand to my chest. "You're lucky I wasn't getting changed when you walked in."

He smirked at me,"I beg to differ; that would've been a nice sight to see." I smacked his arm before ushering him out of the room. It was strange to me that we were getting along like we'd known each other for years when, honestly, I had hated the guy just yesterday.

Suddenly, my radio beeped and Lowery's voice came through. "Hey, we've got a problem on our hands. It's the raptors." At the mention of,'raptors,' Owen let himself in once more.

"What's wrong with them? Are they okay?" Owen demanded, staring down at the radio.

"Oh, um, hey Owen. They're okay, but Claire wants you to check up on them; they seem to be acting up without you, and Vic is coming soon." Owen sighed when Lowery mentioned Vic. He had this crazy idea to use the dinosaurs as military weapons, and he just wouldn't get it out of his head.

I followed Owen outside of the bungalow, and he glanced over at me. "Ever ridden a motorcycle before?" I swallowed and shook my head, causing Owen to laugh a little, though he still seemed tense. "Okay, sit behind me and hold on tight. I don't mind." I did as instructed and wrapped my arms around his chest and he started the engine.

As we were driving, I felt like I was squeezing the life out of him because of how tight I was holding him. It was a bumpy ride and I was honestly terrified.

We arrived at the raptor paddock and Owen was greeted by a smiling man, who's name was Barry. I waved at him and he returned the gesture nicely.

I watched as a pig was let loose in the paddock. The four female velociraptors chased after it eagerly, probably terrifying the pig as it emitted some squeals. The pig was let back out of the paddock and Owen looked down at the girls, clicker in hand. The raptors stopped as Owen yelled something I couldn't quite catch.

"Hey!" Owen shouted for a second."Okay. Eyes on me. Blue. . .Blue!" He pointed at the female who was most definitely the beta. "Watch it. Charlie-No, hey! Don't give me that shit. Delta! Lock it up." Owen gestured to another. "Good! And. . .We're moving." He said. The raptors watched him intently as he walked to his right and they followed. "That's good. That is damn good. Very good; see? Charlie, that's what you get!" Owen yelled as he tossed a dead rat. "Echo, there you go! Delta!" Finally, he held up another rodent and looked at the beta. "Blue? This one's for you." He threw the rat and Blue caught it and swallowed. "Hold. Eyes up. Go!"

The raptors ran off as told and Owen and Barry smiled to each other and did some sort of bro-hug.

"You finally did it, man." Barry said with a grin.