Chapter Six: Avenged

Zach's POV

"No, they're not - they're not getting divorced," I said to my younger brother, Gray. I nervously glanced between the cute girls behind me and him. He leaned closer to the monorail window with a quivering lip. "Look, you haven't been around long enough, they've always been that way."

"They're getting mail from two different lawyers," said Gray. He was really getting upset, and I knew this wouldn't end well.

"That doesn't mean anything."

"I googled," Of course. "They're divorce lawyers."

So, the whole scene was pretty comical. After our Aunt Claire, who was always busy with being the park manager of Jurassic World, left us in the hands of her assistant, we broke away and escaped to the gyrospheres. Well, we were on our way, at least.

And of course, Gray decided it was the perfect time to cry about something unreasonable. The girls behind me gave me sympathetic looks and I felt my cheeks getting a bit red.

"Alright, whatever. You know what? It doesn't matter. Okay, I'm gonna be gone in two years, and all my friends parents are divorced..." I heard a small cry as I was thinking about the current situation and looked over to see Gray's eyes watering. "Hey, knock it off!" He shook his head. "Are you gonna cry?"

Gray just sniffled. I felt a pang of guilt in my stomach. "Look, you're gonna get two of everything." I offered with a small smile. "Right? You're gonna get two birthdays, two christmas's, two thanksgivings, two..."

Gray finally looked over at me. "I don't want two of everything."

"Well it's not up to you," I muttered. "Alright, there's a point you have to grow up."

He let out a shaky breath before turning and looking out the window again. Gray froze and out of the corner of my eye, I watched him lean into it and his eyes locked on a few trucks in the valley.

I just rolled my eyes at my failed attempt of trying to make my brother feel better. We sat in silence as the monorail dropped us off at the gate.

The girls that were talking to us before ended up in front of us in the line, so we all exchange glances that made them giggle. Gray frowned.

"What do you think's gonna happen from you just staring at them?" He practically yelled. The girls laughed as I cleared my throat awkwardly, I wanted to bash Gray's face in!

"Thanks man." I said weakly.

"You're welcome."

After Gray said that, there was a small but cute chuckle behind us.

A girl who was about my age smiled at Gray. "You just killed his game, little man." I looked at Gray and he grinned. The girl blushed.

"Oh..you weren't supposed to hear that. Uh, I'm Cameron Sanders, and I'm sixteen, seventeen in a month and - are you going to get in?" She pointed to the gyrosphere that had three seats. Gray climbed in first, then Cameron, then me. The sliding circular door closed and we all buckled ourselves in.

I slowly began to study Cameron. She had long brown hair that was tied up in a loose bun and these piercing green eyes that felt like they were staring right through me. She was wearing black leggings, a camo t-shirt, and a pair of converse. I felt creepy for staring so instead I focused on Gray, who was also gushing at Cameron.

"So are you kids just gonna stare? Or are you going to introduce yourselves?" said Cameron as she rolled her eyes and offered a gentle smile.

"I-I'm Gray Mitchell. And that's Zach, my older brother," Gray said, fixing the collar on his shirt. She smiled at him.