Chapter Five

The doors of the mini van exploded open and Hazel Grease, the love of my life, elegantly exited.

"Augustus," She squealed. "I can't believe this. I mean it's one thing to say your going to Afrodam but it's another to actually be in Afrodam."

"We're living the dream, Hazel." I smoothly noted.

She entered the frotel we were scheduled to stay at -- Fromain Attican. The walls and ceilings were plastered in the finest clippings I had ever seen. And the floors, only the finest moss. The cracks in the walls had become a home to what appeared to be hundreds of bed bugs. No wonder it was rated 5 stars on Frotels for Dummies.

We entered our room - which was only a tad less exquisite - and Hazel and I started unpacking. She brought loads of socks but forgot underwear. I told her she could borrow mine for the week.

That night Hazel and I walked through the whole city. The streets were full of couples caught in each other's gaze. We had made dinner reservations at a 5 star restaurant. As we entered the deliciously decorated diner, a waitress gave us a cheesy smile and got us our seats. Hazel was breath taken. "Gus," she shivered, "how did you pull this off?"

"Don't worry about it," I winked.

She glanced around the room. "It's amazing," her eyes fell upon mine, "no..you're amazing."

"Hazel," I smiled. "I love you fro much."

"Frokay," She grinned. "I love you too."

After we finished our meals, a tall man with a wormy face came and collected our plates. "Dessert?"

"Yes ple-" I was cut off by Hazel.

"Gus!!! You know you have to watch your calorie intake."

The waiter looked from Hazel, to me, to Hazel, frantically.

"Ah," I managed to say. "You're right. Um, my bad. Just the check please."

"As you wish." The waiter spun around and walked towards another table.

"Hazel, what was that about?

"Nothing. Just froget about it. Ok?"

"Ok."

And just like that, our date came to a tragic end.

I decided that it would be best for both Hazel and I to have some time apart from each other. I would browse the local Art Museum and while Hazel would do something a little bit more daring. She was going to visit the Anne Frank house.

While I was observing some of the carefully thought out portraits of Afrodite, I glance at my phone to check the time. 3:47pm. Something didn't feel right. And and I was almost 73% certain that it wasn't the six burritos I ate before coming here. I knew someone was in trouble. I quickly dial Hazels number. No answer. FRICK.