Two / The Angel of Temptation

OO2  /  The Angel of Temptation

OO2 / The Angel of Temptation

               Hera was surprised at how long the journey to the market was

               Hera was surprised at how long the journey to the market was. She underestimated how hard it would be to get there. After going in the wrong direction a few times, she finally understood her memory did not serve her well and asked a couple for directions.

               Hera spotted the store and made her way towards it, bumping into a couple kids playing on the street, she apologized and smiled before finally making it into the store. Turning around, she bumped into a display. Most of the apples fell to the ground, and Hera flushed in embarrassment.

               What was going on with her? Hera turned to the worker and apologized profusely as she bent down to pick up the apples.

               As she started, the door opened, Hera hoped that the newcomer wouldn't comment. As she looked up, she held her breath.

               He looked like an angel.

               But anyone could tell he was far from it.

               "Apples of temptation?" The boy questioned as he stared down at her. Hera was confused. The boy bent down and took the apple from her hands, cleaning off the dust, he took a bite.

               "Hey! You have to pay for that!" Hera stated. Unimpressed.

               The boy looked down at her in amusement. Hera stood up and, not wanting any part of the boy she now knew was trouble. All the apples were in place, and she headed towards the produce section. Searching for her tomatoes.

               "What? No response?" Hera looked up from reading the sign. Seeing the boy with glasses again.

               The Angel of Temptation seemed like a good nickname.

               Hera took a deep breath in as she turned to properly face him, crossing her arms, she tilted her head. "Excuse me?"

               The boy chuckled. "What, you are not going to ask for my name?" He questioned. Hera looked at him in slight disinterest.