♛九♕

⊱ ──────ஓ๑🏀๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"I'm really sorry I can't come with you to school today. I have to pick up some dead weight."

"Shuzō-chan, that's the third time you apologized, and it's okay!" Yuuto chuckled as he entered the school gates. It's a daily routine for him and Nijimura to always walk to school together, not only because they want to, but also because they set up the gym before any of the other club members arrived.

However, today, Nijimura couldn't be with Yuuto today because of a certain someone.

"You're going to get Haizaki, right?" Yuuto asked, and he heard Nijimura click his tongue on the other line.

"Yeah, and I'm gonna fucking beat -"

"Language."

Today was the first-years' tune-up game with Komagi Junior High. And as usual, Haizaki has gone AWOL from the recent practices. Honestly, Yuuto only saw Haizaki twice since the try-outs. He always seems to arrive late, and immediately leaves when practice ends. Not only that, but he also avoids talking to anyone during breaks. And his personality wasn't really that nice for him to be missed by the other players.

Yuuto could only sweatdrop upon remembering how Haizaki and Aomine almost fought after Haizaki stole the latter's ball even though they were on the same team at a practice match.

And of course Yuuto tried — tried so hard — to at least have a proper conversation with Haizaki, but Haizaki avoided everyone like a plague.

Of course his attitude was brought to the coaches' attention, but since his performance makes up for it, they showed him a little leniency —Nijimura was way past on showing him any sorts of leniency though.

"I'd rather have you stop me from cussing for a million times than to deal with him, to be honest." Nijimura groaned, and Yuuto would lie if he said he didn't feel all giddy in that one sentence. "See you later?"

"See you later, Shuzō-chan."

With that, Yuuto ended the call and slid the door open to the gym. He honestly expected the gym to be empty, but to his surprise, Midorima was already there. He wasn't the only one who was surprised though, Midorima almost missed his shot when Yuuto entered the gym.

Midorima blinked.

Yuuto blinked twice.

The sound of the ball bouncing off the floor filled the air as the two simply stared at each other owlishly.

"You're here early." Yuuto broke the silence as he picked up one of the balls that was near his feet, and passed it back to Midorima, who caught it with ease.