botched landing (roka.)

the multiverse is a fickle thing.

in one universe, the character you love prevails time and time again. in others, they fall in different ways. and in some, they are replaced with others.

in the timeline you know, the only saiyans that survived the destruction of planet vegeta were goku and his brother raditz, vegeta and nappa, and paragus and broly...however, in others, others survived.

in one timeline, a saiyan girl landed on the planet namek, raised by the namekians to become someone for peace, who then grew to uphold those ideals.

however, that universe is not the one we look at today.

space, age 735

the pod rattled and shook, careening through the void of space as it was hit by the shockwave from planet vegeta. as frieza laughed maniacally at the display before him, he failed to notice two pods escaping the sure fate of the planet.

however, there was someone else that was watching the destruction unfold.

cooler, the elder brother of frieza. he had heard of just what his brother was planning, and despite this not being his quadrant, he couldn't miss out on seeing such a grand display of trash being wiped out.

"and there goes the whole monkey farm..." the frost demon said with a chuckle. "now this is live entertainment!"

however, as soon as he spoke, the sensors of the ship picked up something. "hm? someone's getting away." he spoke, as his right hand, salza, turned to the men at the controls. "magnify the image!" he says, as the feed recording the pods enhanced.

"saiyans escaping...and mere children at that." cooler spoke, crossing his arms.

in the time you know, cooler belayed the order to intercept the pods, considering them to be unworthy of his time...but in this universe...

"men. intercept the pod further behind." cooler spoke, standing up.

"and what of the other pod, sir? it's en route to a planet called earth." the henchman spoke, to which cooler scoffed. "leave it. it's a measly saiyan. it will surely die on a backwater planet like that..." he said. "this is frieza's quadrant, it's his own mess."

"besides, i have a new...project to devote time into."

and so, the ship intercepted the pod, bringing it into the hangar as cooler walked up, opening the door to reveal a saiyan girl inside. he let out a small chuckle, using a scouter to scan her. a power level of 10? not much...but that can change. he read the message left on the pod...a desperate plea for whoever got it to keep roka safe. "roka, is it...?" he

cooler had no knowledge of how to raise a child, but a few on his ship did. as the years passed, cooler kept the saiyan child hidden from frieza's knowledge. he molded her, taught her...shaped her in his own image. and instead of becoming the peace giver she was meant to be, she was a tyrant like her superior.

he had no qualms with getting his hands dirty. he exploited the saiyan's ability to grow stronger after returning from near death. he would have her fight until she was within an inch of her life, before taking her to the healing chambers.