Walls Up

Trial of Draco Lucius Malfoy July 1998

Evidence 1A

Produced by – Maia Lyra Malfoy

Affiliation – The Order of the Phoenix

Evidence submitted by – Harry James Potter

Evidence Provided – Handwritten letter and vial of memories from the dates of September 1996 to May 1998 regarding the accused.

If this letter is being presented at trial it means that firstly I am either dead or severely injured to the point I am unable to be there myself, I am hoping for the latter. Secondly, it means that Potter has managed to do something other than be a hero and somehow be immune to the killing curse. Wonders never cease...

July 1996

Malfoy Manor

As Maia walks towards the gates of Malfoy Manor the bile in her throat begins to rise, coming back to the manor after the end of the school year is always difficult. It always brings pain, loathing and a deep longing to be anywhere else, although this time was going to be so much worse. Maia would have to do what she always does when she is home, take the punishment, protect her memories, lie spectacularly and most importantly not show the pain she feels because showing pain makes you weak. And weak is not the Malfoy way.

As she walks through the gates the blood magic wards lets her pass freely, sensing the Malfoy blood coursing through her veins. She looks back to check Draco is there, going home would be terrible but if Draco were there, it would be bearable. They lock eyes and she can see her same grey Malfoy eyes staring back at her but they are glazed over, occluding, a practice both the Malfoy Twins have down to a science. As they walk up to the main entrance, she begins to occlude, building the walls, filing everything important away, building another wall and another and then a steel wall, her mind had to be impenetrable because she knew what awaited her, who awaited her. She may have gotten rid of Lucius temporarily, but he was nothing in comparison to her psychopathic Aunt Bellatrix. And Maia had defied her; she had stopped her from murdering Sirius Black.

The moment the twins enter the mansion, the air becomes thicker, Maia turns to Draco one more time before she hears that screech, the screech that rings through her ears as if slicing through her brain, there was nothing to be done. She begins to walk up toward the drawing room, best just to get it over with, as she reaches for the doorknob, she feels a hand on her wrist. She turns to see Draco, he does not speak but he gives her a curt nod and a half smile, she knows that this means they will always protect each other.

Maia opens the door she to be met with the stares of her mother and her aunt, glares that could almost burn through her skull Draco stands just behind her, and she notices her mother gives them both a worried look before she hears that dreadful voice. "YOU FILTHY BLOOD TRAITOR" the words barely reach Maia's ears before she is grabbed by her hair and dragged into the centre of the room. As her scalp stings she looks up through bleary eyes, a wand already digging into her neck. "You are an utter disappointment Maia! Coming from the Malfoy family you were expected for greatness, but here you are cavorting with blood traitors and mudbloods! No wonder you're just the spare what possible reason could you have for such treachery? Did you let a mudblood crawl between your legs like your filthy aunt!" Bellatrix screeched. Maia could see her Aunt's signature Black eyes, the madness swirling around her pupils. "Glad I didn't pick up that charming family trait" she thought to herself.