What the bloody hell is a latte?

Maia kept her hood up, trying to cover her face, she saw Hermione reaching out her hand to examine Maia's face, she was focusing on the white scar that lay over the bridge of her nose, Maia grabbed Hermione's wrist in a tight lock. Hermione's eyes widened at the pressure of Maia's grip, and she turned her head around to make sure no one was close enough to hear her.

In a hushed tone, she spoke, still gripping Hermione's wrist, "Leave the Leaky Cauldron now and wait for me outside the exit, don't talk to anyone, don't call for me, I'll leave a few minutes after you so to not cause suspicion. Did you think of a muggle place in London for us to go?" she whispered; Hermione nodded her head in response. "Good, go now" She released some of the pressure on her grip before whispering again "And Granger? I'm sorry in advance". Hermione's face looked puzzled; she had the same look Maia had seen so many times in the library when she couldn't work something out. Maia wasn't sure if she was dreading what she was about to say next more than everything else she had to say to Hermione.

"How dare you try and talk to me! You filthy little mudblood!" Maia spat at her. Maia mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' before releasing the witch's wrist. Hermione's face looked hurt, but Maia hoped she understood. She fucking hated that word. Hermione got up from the table and Maia watched her leave through the exit toward muggle London, she kept a look of disgust on her face to keep up the act. When she saw she had left safely she exhaled a sigh of relief and finished her butterbeer, she waited a few minutes as promised before standing up and heading to the exit herself. She tipped her server as left; he gave her a curt nod and she walked through the exit.

As the bricks started to move by magic, Maia could see the witch down the bottom of the street, her mane of curls blowing in the wind, Maia rushed down to her as quickly as she could once she knew the bricks behind her had built back up again.

Hermione turned and looked at her, her face still puzzled, still trying to work out what was going on and why everything was so cryptic. Maia decided to give the witch a break and give her something to go on.

"I'm sorry about that Granger, had to play the act well, there are too many eyes and ears around at the moment and I don't think either of fancy ending up dead just yet" She sighed.

She was expecting the witch to blow up at her, ask her a million questions and berate her for making her worry but the witch surprised her. Before Maia could even comprehend the Gryffindor had her arms wrapped around her, she froze a little, not used to the affection but also shocked at the witch's actions. Granger was squeezing her, and Maia finally came out of her frozen state and hugged the witch back.

Granger began to pull back and open her mouth, Maia could guess exactly what she was going to say. She knew the witch in front of her far too well. 'I was worried about you, that letter was cryptic and then something about thanking Godric' Those were Maia's 3 guesses.

"I was so worried about you! I was so worried about what would happen to you after you saved Sirius at the ministry and then you sent that letter, and it was all very cryptic. Godric I'm so glad you're alright Maia." The witch spoke frantically.

'Salazar Maia 3 out of 4 isn't bad.' She thought.

"Now what the bloody hell is going on Maia? What's with all the secrecy and cryptic behaviour?" Hermione clipped.

"Granger, take a breath you're going to stress yourself out like when we took the O.W. Ls and then we won't get anywhere" Maia chided. "Take me to wherever it is you decided on in muggle London, and I promise you I will tell you everything".