The Library

In the photo of Theo and Maia she is supposed to have grey eyes but ai said no  </3 just imagine it lol.

This chapter includes a small scene of a slightly sexual nature between two people of the age of consent in the UK, this is where I am based and where the story is based so I didn't want to add the underage tag!  I understand the age of consent is different in other countries but in the UK it is 16.

It's very small and you don't see anything! 

If that's not for you please don't read!

Take care of yourself! Love G <3

July 30th 1996

Malfoy Manor

The library at Malfoy Manor was beautiful, from the entrance it looked like the shelves filled with books never ended, the walls were a dark emerald, green colour, and the furniture was all black and wooden. It was filled with ancient books about all sorts of magic, Maia thought about how Hermione would love it when she becomes 'Lady Malfoy'. The best thing about it was that it was at the opposite end of the manor from Voldemort and his lackeys, so she didn't have to hear their incessant cheering at the idea of murdering innocent people.

Merlin, Maia missed her wand; she understood the reason for the trace not being lifted until you're 17 but having her wand would have made all this library work, she was doing far easier. She missed the feeling of magic humming in her veins when she held her wand. Maia had spent the last week and a half of July pouring over the texts they had available at Malfoy Manor for anything she could find relating to escaping death. It was now more than ever she was incredibly grateful for the fact that the manor library had blood wards on the entrance, the only one who could come in and see her was Draco which meant that Voldi-No-Locks wouldn't accidentally walk in and see what she had been researching. She would be dead before she could even see Granger. It had been nearly two weeks since Theo sent the letter to Granger, and he hadn't returned to say she had written back so Maia took this as a good sign.

It was possible that the Manor Library had limited resources on this type of magic, but Maia had only managed to find 2 possible ways of escaping death; the Elixir of Life, which was created through the Philosopher's Stone, but this method was impossible. Maia had heard the story in her first year at Hogwarts of the stone being destroyed after that stuttering professor tried to steal it, Maia found out after spending time with Harry that Voldemort had actually possessed Quirrell and had made him do it, clearly, this was unsuccessful, and it was after his supposed death in Godric's Hollow and it didn't explain how he had survived that night. So that ruled that out.

Secondly, she found out that drinking Unicorn blood 'had the gift to save a drinker from death even when they are nearing it.' Harry also explained that he saw Voldemort/Quirrell drinking unicorn blood in the forbidden forest that same year, it had saved them but again both these events happened after Voldemort's body was destroyed, over a decade later.

She had to be missing something! There must be some sort of darker magic that was at play, but she couldn't find a reference to any of it anywhere in the library. 'Salazar this must be how Granger feels when she can't figure something out' Maia thought to herself, she sat upright and rubbed her eyes, tiredness was taking over her, but she had to keep working. Since she was unsuccessful in finding out how Voldemort had survived that night, she decided to put her quest on pause and focus back on writing down things to go over with Granger, things they would need to have in place. Fail-safes and the like. She stood up to put away the books and decided to stretch, sitting in the bloody library was killing her back.